Anyone nearby with 355 rear gears ????

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just installed them in my Viper also have a aluminum flywheel. Problem is I'm still waiting for my coil overs from Vipair!!! Rear end has 0 miles.

F

FrgMstr

I put 3.55 gears in my Gen III car and loved it. Would surely suggest the mod. My 08 Gen IV car is still stock and I have not found the want to do 3.55 gears in it.

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be at our Tail of the Dragon event in May if you haven't gotten a test ride by then. I enjoy the gears a lot but your car has more horsepower than my Gen 3. Car is much more fun on backroads now and you can still use 6th at about 80-85 mph for "good" fuel mileage. You might also want to talk to Scott Lanford aka Towdawg. He changed to 3.33 gears and he has a real 6 speed transmission. You might consider that option instead of the gears. A bit more expensive but 6 real gears instead of a 4 speed with 2 overdrives.

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My rear end now has 500 miles on her. Changed all fluids (rear) (engine) (trans) (clutch) (brake) (engine coolant) that wasn't fun!!! Now Im going to give her a good 3 stage wax. I'll be there this weekend if you want a ride.

OP
OP
C

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, Scott an I both will be there this weekend, going to lunch with us? Regrettably I won't make the Dragon this year. Seems my Family rented a house on the Beach June 1........

Reaction score
Here's an interesting tidbit for you on the 3.55 gears: For the 2013 SRT Viper (now stock with 3.55 gears), they redesigned the gears themselves to be lighter (around a half pound) and also more quiet with a new cut design. Best of all, these gears will work with all 2001 - 2010 Vipers as well!

Check with your local Mopar dealer or you can get them from us:

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com/index.php/products/2013-srt-viper-355-rear-gear-kit

OP
OP
C

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's an interesting tidbit for you on the 3.55 gears: For the 2013 SRT Viper (now stock with 3.55 gears), they redesigned the gears themselves to be lighter (around a half pound) and also more quiet with a new cut design. Best of all, these gears will work with all 2001 - 2010 Vipers as well!

Check with your local Mopar dealer or you can get them from us:

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com/index.php/products/2013-srt-viper-355-rear-gear-kit
Great News, thanks Jerry!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4