Anyone Need Some Half Shafts?

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Unitrax Heavy Duty half shafts that I had on my ACR that need a good home. I tried using them for paper weights, but it just didn't work out. I think I paid about $850 for them after shipping. They were only on my car for 1,000 miles or so, so I figure they're still worth $600. Anyone need to beef up their drive train?

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it 800 rwhp or 800 at the crank? Are there any warrantys on these? Are these the old or new design?

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it 800 rwhp or 800 at the crank? Are there any warrantys on these? Are these the old or new design?
I would guess at the wheels, but I don't really know. I guess they have warranty, but I don't know that either. They're less than a year old I think, so I guess they're the new design, but I'm not so sure. I DO know that I have some good half shafts for sale for what seems like a good price! I hope I gave you all the information that you'll need to make an informed decision. :2tu:

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are black and gold. About a year old. Does that make a difference? When did they make the change? I didn't even know they changed them!

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard they were having problems with them, I don't know if they were breaking or twisting or what.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HE DOESNT HAVE THE HIGH HP ONES, HE HAS THE HEAVY DUTY ONES, BIG DIFFERENCE !! WAKE UP PEOPLE :)

The ones braking right now, are the HIGH HP ones, which are supposed to be the strongest available, and therefor the people braking them are the HEAVY hitters, 1000+hp range.

I have personally owned both, I'd take the HIGH HORSEPOWER ones, any day of the week over the HEAVY DUTY ones.

Jon

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HE DOESNT HAVE THE HIGH HP ONES, HE HAS THE HEAVY DUTY ONES, BIG DIFFERENCE !! WAKE UP PEOPLE :)

The ones braking right now, are the HIGH HP ones, which are supposed to be the strongest available, and therefor the people braking them are the HEAVY hitters, 1000+hp range.

I have personally owned both, I'd take the HIGH HORSEPOWER ones, any day of the week over the HEAVY DUTY ones.

Jon

That really didn't make a lot of sense to me. I don't know if you're trying to help or scare people off. You WANT the ones that break? :confused: :D I've personally seen THREE of the more expensive ones break. I took that into consideration when I purchased these.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm saying if your not making mad power, get the heaver ones, sorry if you didnt understand. But the reason the MORE EXPENSIVE STRONGER ones are breaking, is because all the big boys keep running them. I saw your set bust too at v10 nationals by Gerald. So they are not perfect. But if Unitrax, the people who make BOTH sets, says to go with the Top of the line ones, then I think THEY know best. There is the added bonus the strongest ones are easier to install, and are lighter.

I hope you sell yours honestly, and anyone not making over 800hp might be fine with yours (example tons of guys running slicks but only putting down 500-600hp rwhp), but I bet if 2 equal 800hp cars ran both version the one with the HIGH HP ONES will last longer before something breaks. Also keep in mind, there is a non spoken warranty, that if you brake one of these HIGH HP half shafts, you can get a replacement... for ... say.... free... No such luck with the heavy duty ones.

Now did any of that make sense ?? prob not.. you and I have trouble understanding each other... I just wish you would get your car and shafts sold, so I dont have to see any more posts from ya :)

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the help with the sale! Did you ever get that salvaged title worked out on your car? Thought I'd get a head start on helping you sell it if you ever wanted to! I'm obviously kidding, but if you ever decide to move to Dallas and apply for a job in sales with my company, I'm definitely black balling you!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the help with the sale! Did you ever get that salvaged title worked out on your car? Thought I'd get a head start on helping you sell it if you ever wanted to! I'm obviously kidding, but if you ever decide to move to Dallas and apply for a job in sales with my company, I'm definitely black balling you!

We can still play on the juggle gym set together right? I think you missed the point, I was trying to help clear up the difference between the two. I didnt want someone to think they got took, if they expected the more expensive version and got the less expensive version, each one is GREAT for what its intended use is. But there are 2 versions for 2 different classes of power. I have owned both, I was just helping people to understand which ones you had. I sold MY Heavy Duty ones for like $700 USED, so you are actually giving a good deal. (ok, does that help ?? ) I thought you promised never to tell about my salvage title ?? (we both know if I had a secret, your the first guy I would tell...lol...) And me in sales ?? Nah... I'll stick with this Networking thing...

Jon

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THINK of all the views your getting, people LOVE to hear me mixing it up with AB, so I'm sure they found this entertaining too !! Gotta love the increased VIEWS curtisy of me !! :-D

Jon

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
people LOVE to hear me mixing it up with AB,

Jon

HEY.......LEAVE AB OUT OF THIS.....HE'S MY BIT$H !!!!!!!!! :eek: :D

WOAH.... NOW WAIT A MINUTE, YOU CAN HAVE MY SLOPPY SECONDS.. BUT HE ISSSSSSSS OFFICALLY MY ***** !! ITS WELL KNOWN !! AND HE ACCEPTS IT.. He even IM'ed me tonight asking me how I was doing, which is not allowed, as I am the boss, I SAY when he can talk 2 me !!

I'll rent him out on the weekends if ya need him. He is a little short FYI..

Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas