Anyone running Dual Widebands WITH DISPLAY?

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I searched, but got nothing helpful..or new. So, how is anyone running dual widebands, that can be displayed on a gauge? I dont care if the gauge only displays one at a time, like with a switch or something. It looks like Innovative has something, but it doesnt appear you can output both to a gauge.

Anyone have some sort of set up?

Thanks in advance!

Plus, any pics of gauges installed would be great. Trying to get an idea of where I want to put one.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm installing 2 Innovate LC-1s right now. I've had them in other cars and they are great.

GeneralLee,
I'll be running both leads to one gauge (XD-1). The gauge will be connected to one controller at a time, thus only displaying one bank at a time. However, the Innovates are easy to switch because there is only one connector (looks like an RCA jack) to swap. I'll make this realatively accessable so I can do it every so often just to make sure both banks are similar in readings.

I'll be mounting the gauge in the dash where the voltmeter is. I got this from JackB. Check his member gallery for pics. It looks awesome and the XD-1 matches perfectly.

I may do a writeup on it if you guys ask nicely :D

In addition, there is supposedly a way for the VEC to monitor/log both WBs at the sametime, but I've gotten that far yet ;)

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AEM unit here, it displays on the laptop monitor I guess it can be wired to a gauge but why would I need to if the car is already properly tuned.

G

grcforce327

I'm installing 2 Innovate LC-1s right now. I

In addition, there is supposedly a way for the VEC to monitor/log both WBs at the sametime, but I've gotten that far yet ;)

Did that a year ago.You'll find it very simple to log them with the Vec.D Yankee did his after I did mine and I believe he already did a write up on it for a gen II.I went a different route and sold my Vec3 and LC-1's.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you guys using the Innovate gauge hooked up to the LC1? I tried using a Defi gauge and it doesn't work. I'm wondering if the LC-1 only works with the Innovate gauges.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone running an AEM has 2 WBO2's installed. whether you have the 19 channel display that allows you to rotate through up to 19 (duh!) parameters or not, well that's optional.

JD

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to get one that you can data log. Otherwise, they're just going to be an ornament inside your car. They'll be too difficult to read while you're driving the car. If you have a VEC2/3, all you need is a gauge with a 0-5v output for logging.

Since I don't care much for the radio, and didn't want to draw too much attention with a pillar mount, here's where I mounted my gauges. The A/F gauges (1 for each bank of cylinders) are hooked up to the VEC3 for data logging.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
G

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm installing 2 Innovate LC-1s right now. I've had them in other cars and they are great.

GeneralLee,
I'll be running both leads to one gauge (XD-1). The gauge will be connected to one controller at a time, thus only displaying one bank at a time. However, the Innovates are easy to switch because there is only one connector (looks like an RCA jack) to swap. I'll make this realatively accessable so I can do it every so often just to make sure both banks are similar in readings.

I'll be mounting the gauge in the dash where the voltmeter is. I got this from JackB. Check his member gallery for pics. It looks awesome and the XD-1 matches perfectly.

I may do a writeup on it if you guys ask nicely :D

Awesome! Thanks for all the replies guys. And please do a write up! :2tu:

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had two LC-1's for about a year and a half now. I only display the drivers side on Innovate gauge which is mounted between the tach and speedo. I really never thought about switching between them as they are both hooked up to the VEC. It is impossible to tune looking at the gauge, that is what the VEC inputs are for. The gauge is just a quick check to make sure I am not too lean at WOT.

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you get your Innovates to work? We tried everything and even called tech support and they couldn't get it to work. I'm going to have to return mine. The AEM however worked like a charm.

well maybe you had a problem with the unit itself, i don't see wy the viper would be different from any other car...

I just followed the instructions and it worked...

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well maybe you had a problem with the unit itself, i don't see wy the viper would be different from any other car...

I just followed the instructions and it worked...

I had two units and they both had the same problem. What did you hook the LC-1 to? A gauge or the VEC?

D

DAMN YANKEE

GTSnake, the answer is....the VEC and a guage(s). This is a great thread as it raises and answers some pretty common questions. Wide Band readings are really only useful in two instances. The first, and most important, is to run "logs". These logs allow a dedicated tuner to review in remarkable detail just what the lambda readings are for his rig. In other words, how much air and fuel are being mixed together at any point in the RPM range. Pretty remarkable, one can know with great precision whether one is running lean or rich. The second, is the gauge thing....it has two points itself, the first is to try and catch a glimpse of where the readings are just when you should be keeping your eye on the road as in when your rig goes to open loop operations..... The second is look at the closed loop AF for any obvious malfunctions.

You can have both...gauge and VEC (or any other competent engine management system).

Just remember, you dont necessarily need two wide bands....one can get the job done very nicely.

Let it be known, I rarely look at my wb gauge, routinely look at my logs....the WB meter is....a bore....absolutely on a well tuned rig. I only keep my gauge to allow DaveMulti6s to remind me of my poser status....

OP
OP
G

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan on getting a VECIII so logging wont be a problem. I like the gauge more for catching a problem. Ive had a car with a fuel pump going out, and the wideband/EGT gauge help me catch it before it became a serious issue. If you only run one, whats the best side to put it in?

supraman95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been wanting to ask a question about these for awhile. I think i have a problem on one bank because I keep having detonation and killing plugs. (plus when I first start the car to let it warm up it blows fuel out on the ground so I may have stuck injector or something, I get horrible gas mileage) I would like to be able to view both banks as well but have not seen a gauge that reads two at once.

What should I do and get if I want to log and have a guage (also I have a VEC2 and not a VEC3 so I dont know it that makes a difference)
1. Get 1 AEM gauge and put a WB in each bank with a quick connect that can be attached to the gauge when I want to change from bank to bank. Will I be able to attach the WB to my VEC2 for logging and such?
2. Is their a better brand and such for the money and what I want to use it for?
Thanks all

supraman95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so I did some research and I found this item.

FAST Dual bank widebank kit

FAST™ Wide-Band Dual Sensor Air/Fuel Meter

Looks like a great setup, dual sensors and it can datalog. Let me know what you all think about this.

Do you think by reading the description you can replace the front two sensors and tap into the stockers wiring and be ok ECU wise? Looks like you can also get any guauge to read from these as well. Let me know what you all think. Looks like exactly what we need.

I agree with everyone on only needing to monitor one bank, however I am having issues with something on my car and when I dynoed it they dynoed the passenger bank. I found 2 broken plugs on the drivers side. Had I had the sniffer on the driver side bank I would have seen the problem instead of getting a good reading. Just a thought

Take note the new Autometer kit with some great features.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Gents...

I covered all of this and alot more in the ILUUSTRATED GUIDE section. One or two...where to put them...what to do if you want to monitor BOTH banks with one WB, how to wire, where to wire, phot0s galore, etc. etc....

Let me now if that answers your questions....It will be money well spent...a perfect tuen always is.

The simple, accurate and LESS EXPENSIVE solution is there as well..

supraman95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I did not know you went into that much detail with the wiring and the install. Sorry, but thanks for letting me know. I am looking to do this really soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery