Anyone tried a PaintScratch pen?

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has any one tried a PaintScratch pen to touch up rock chips? If so, did it work well? Any other products out there that work on rock chips?

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, there is a system by a company called NewTech Touch-up Systems that works very well. They have a proprietary paint that will match the color of your car that is blended into your chip and then excess paint later is removed with another solution leaving only the paint in the chipped area. On larger chips the regular touch-up method has close to the same results but not as good and on the sandblasted or peppered look this system is wonderful. Look them up on the internet under( www.newtechtouchup.com ). They should be able to give you a contact of a licensed dealer in your area. Some parts of Canada and the US are still not covered. Anyway give it a try I think it will be worth your efforts.

OP
OP
K

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the one I was talking about! So you had good results - I have a few very small chips on the hood and side mirrors that I want to touch up but I don't want it to look obvious. Does the paint match exactly and can you see the repairs easily? What color is your car?
Thanks

vipermamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used it on my son's Mitsubishi Eclipse. The color was bright silver and it matched perfect. I had to give it a few coats. Just be careful and patient and the results are really good. Good luck!!!! :2tu:

OP
OP
K

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I wish my son had a car so that I could try it on his first!!