Anyone using Fram SureDRAIN Oil Drain plugs??

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one on my dakota quad cab 4x4. It has a skid plate on the bottom and of course the oil plug doesn't match the hole in the skid plate.
Now all I do is unscrew the knurled metal cap that covers the drain valve, screw on the silicone hose and direct the old oil into my drain pan.
The drain valve will not let the oil out until you screw on the drain hose. Its a tad slower draining than normal, but not bad. The drain valve assembly takes the place of the original drain plug.

Haven't had a lick of problems with it for the past 24 months its been in place.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is interesting but I do like the OEM plug due to the magnet picking up particles. Frankly though, nothing blocks the oil draining from the plug, it's the oil filter drain that's a mess unless you prep the area first.

OP
OP
C

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Steve. I went ahead and ordered the Fram oil drain plug kit and the speed bleeders for the brakes...now need to get the cooling system bleeders, and I think these accessories will really help make routing maintenance a lot easier.

Cal

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use them on all 4 of my cars. Helps make oil changing a little easier. Never had a leak or any problem. Craig is right about the oil filter though, that's the messy part.