Anyone want 8 more HP ?

Reaction score
Tonight I was approached by a company wanting to run a new kind of motor oil in my car. Free oil, dyno time, etc... You would not believe the results. First they did a test against mobile 1 on a machine, and the difference was unbelieveable. The gains with the oil were 8 HP running the car back to back dyno pulls. And we did about 20 of them. If anyone has a open mind and would like a change for the better, please email me. I will give you some info on this stuff.

You must be registered for see images

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is wonderful to find 8 HP under the hood with something as little as an oil change. On the other hand, I must ask how the oil change would affect a completely stock motor. Yours is rather modified.

Any ideas? Or know anyone that has been able to check on this?

Thanks!

JD

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about Red Line oil - that's the stuff that Summit and Bill Kuhlman claim gives you .2 off your et. Only problem is they aren't recommended for street use - maybe a problem with low rpm or start up lubrication? Anyway, are there any issues with street use with the oil you are talking about?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Albert,

I'd be interested in more info. The thing to realize is that there is no magic power in changing out oils. Less drag on engine parts doesn't mean better lubrication or better protection - just usually means a thinner oil or more/different friction modifiers.

8hp on the dyno might also mean 8,000 miles less before a rebuild... be careful!

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I recall the issue with other than stock oils was that they can include additives that react with certain materials in the drivetrain that are unaffected by Mobil One. That means there is a potential warranty issue involved here. I used Royal Purple for the track after noticing Mobil One falling to undr five psi at idle after hot laps, the Royal Purple never went below 12 and recovered within a minute, the Mobil One pressure stayed down considerably longer. I had Autometer gagues installed in my GTS and they give you a wealth of information simple unobtainable with the stock cartoon gagues. But once back home that oil was changed back to Mobil One.

Albert, if you can see how it holds up under stress (pressure, recovery time, volume loss etc.). Even 5 minutes or so at speed made a huge difference with the M1, let us know how this stuff works out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen