Anyone with these coilovers from Partsrack?

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are the Aldans, as I have a new set uninstalled. I will also sell them for $100 less than partsrack price shipped. I decided to just leave the car the stock height. I got them with spring rates comparable to stock. I beleive that price of $995 is without springs, and with springs it is closer to $1300.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look mightly similar to the coilovers i got from doug levin motorsports. The rear shocks blew but doug was great and ordered new shocks that are stiffer and now the car drives amazing. very stiff. I use to have KW Variant 2 coilovers on my car and i like it better now.

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't have the KW's but I have ridden in a SRT with them. The ride quality is great and they are adjustable, so the drop is what you want.

If you are going to run your car hard, then stay away from the Aldan's. Stock drives much better.

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From a post on the alley:

I actually had it a little lower for a while, and brought it back up a little. I am extremely impressed with the Motons. No clacking or bottoming out as on the KW's, and the car tracks straight as an arrow.

slither

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the KW's on my '04. The ride is pretty smooth, it still "bounces" just a little bit on rougher roads like stock but for the amount I lowered it I have no complaints at all. Being able to adjust the ride height is also one of the reasons I went with the KW's. From what I understand with the Motons or Aldans, whatever springs you choose set the ride height of the car, you can't adjust the height. I bought the KW's from one of the dealers listed on the KW website (internet purchase) with absolutley no problems at a pretty good discount from what one of the "tuners" here in Houston wants for them.

slither

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think YellowViperSRT10 had that problem, not sure what the final cause was. I installed the KW's on mine and everything fit perfectly, they bolted right up as they should. If you have to drill out anything something's not right, they are a direct bolt on. I wouldn't be drilling on any suspension components to make them fit on any car.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding KW's. I heard there was an issue with the mounting holes not drilled the right size. Can anyone confirm this?

Bat™

Yes, that was me. KW was boggled by it. The first set we had to drill larger holes in both rears. Then one coilover failed on one side. Which is a totally different story. KW finally sent me out a set of 2 new rears which they said they measured everything on and it was ok. I went to have it installed and they were too small again. After that of course I called KW and they apologized, and when I told them the size of the hole they then said there was obviously a problem in a batch of them during the manufacturing. I took everything KW off the car and replaced it with the DLM coilovers. Right now everything is good. I love KW and had them on all my other cars, and I would have been more then happy to have them on the Viper, but after wasting weeks not driving the car since it had no suspension on the rear and they finally sent me a new kit which was still not right, I said to my self, I think its just time to try something else. I am just mad I did not go with the Motons. But the DLM coilovers I got are now great. They are incredibly stiff, I love it.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do the DLM's run?

Bat™

I think it was $2,500 installed. I am not sure on the exact price of the coilovers alone, but give Doug a call, he's a real nice guy. The rear shocks you can adjust the rebound and height, the front you can adjust the height, rebound and stiffness.

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What do the DLM's run?

Bat™

I think it was $2,500 installed. I am not sure on the exact price of the coilovers alone, but give Doug a call, he's a real nice guy. The rear shocks you can adjust the rebound and height, the front you can adjust the height, rebound and stiffness.

sounds like Aldans?

Bat™

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do the DLM's run?

Bat™

sounds like Aldans?

Bat™

Possibly, give doug a call, see what he says.

At first i was not happy with the rears, they were soft. Then then the rear shocks blew a few weeks after. Now he replaced the rears with new shocks that were custom made for my car, a very stiff shock and spring, and the car drives amazing. I like it better then the KWs i had which drove and handled great.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in the day, DLM was recommending the Aldens. I liked them (still like my set on my 99). Not sure what he's using on the Gen III's.

JD

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called Doug, and he is using the Aldans with his own valving and springs spec'd out. DLM is kind of expensive for Aldans, as Parts Rack & Roe sell them for $1000 per set for the GEN3 with any spring rates and valving you want.

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bat,

I've got a set of KW's coming from [******]. I'll let you know how the install and overall analysis is once I get them on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4