Are people "dumping" their Vipers. What will happen to resale

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2012 is the 20th anniversary for Viper and the announcement year for the next gen Viper. I suspect Gen I cars may rise in value while Gen III and IV may suffer price deflation since the new car will pull demand. Each gen seems to appeal to somewhat different buyers. The new car is far more elegant than Gen IV but Gen IV is the meanest, most agressive version of the Viper. There are no losers in the Viper gen line up.

Cheers
James Taylor

tcsracing1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the viper is such a "toy" vs. daily transportation it resales like a recreational vehicle as it is a luxury item.

most original owners had fairly deep pockets and when the thrill wore off the cars, they were dumped onto used market and depreciated as american made cars do.

this is particularly odd because the vipers are very unique in that they are actually very rare and timeless in design and function thus they should be holding better value.

this being said, all the luxury market has taken a hit. Look at ferrari 430 market and owners will tell you their pants are way down as the continue to get bent over on resale price compared to purchase price.

with the release of the new viper model coming it will hurt 2003-2011 model values but 1992-2002 are safe.

if the new 2013 viper is not as raw as the 2003-2011 then watch the 03-11 market hold stronger then normal.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
There is no 2011 Viper. I think that the '08-'10 Viper will be known as the best baddest out there--true street legal race cars. They made very few total-- 659 '09's, 507 '10's and I can't remember the '08 number but I think it was in the low 1000's. That's probably less than 2500 total Gen 4's. Talk about rare!! Then factor in how many were verts, coupes, and ACR's and you really have low numbers for a hand built car. I think the Gen 4 will do just fine as time progresses--but I have to admit I really don't care as I really enjoy my Vipers and from the reactions I get on the road so do many others. I've had a lot of vettes and never got the pleasure out of them that I get from the Vipers that I have. The VCA member that just bought another 2010 probably made a very good move---Dave

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the viper is such a "toy" vs. daily transportation it resales like a recreational vehicle as it is a luxury item.

most original owners had fairly deep pockets and when the thrill wore off the cars, they were dumped onto used market and depreciated as american made cars do.

this is particularly odd because the vipers are very unique in that they are actually very rare and timeless in design and function thus they should be holding better value.

this being said, all the luxury market has taken a hit. Look at ferrari 430 market and owners will tell you their pants are way down as the continue to get bent over on resale price compared to purchase price.

with the release of the new viper model coming it will hurt 2003-2011 model values but 1992-2002 are safe.

if the new 2013 viper is not as raw as the 2003-2011 then watch the 03-11 market hold stronger then normal.

Thank you, Kreskin.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of 20 years of Viper production, do you think we'll see a 25th aniv. edition Gen V?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456