Are We Done - Viper

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if I am so far behind on all the news. Are we done and the Viper we all love is gone ?
I really hope not but if this is the case it has been a great run!!!!!!!!!!!! I have owened 4
vipers to this point and still plan to buy another no matter what happens. LONG LIVE
THE VIPER.

WHAT A RIDE IT HAS BEEN

WANTED

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on who you ask. What we do know for sure is that there will be 500 final vipers that will begin production in Jan. and run till probably july. Nothing too special will be done as in color scheme. Something is suppose to come back in the second half of 2012. What that is just yet, we don't know.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on who you ask. What we do know for sure is that there will be 500 final vipers that will begin production in Jan. and run till probably july. Nothing too special will be done as in color scheme. Something is suppose to come back in the second half of 2012. What that is just yet, we don't know.

WOW, I hope it continues , this is very sad to hear.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my opinion is the day of a big brute torque filled V10 no frills ride are gone.

Lighter weight semi exotic with all the controls that Chuck wants. As a chapter closes a new one begins.

I've got my V10.....thank you very much....you all can have a V8

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I concur. While I think the next gen will have a V10 it will be nothing like the Viper as we know it.

Lighter weight semi exotic with all the controls that Chuck wants. As a chapter closes a new one begins.

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry if I am so far behind on all the news. Are we done and the Viper we all love is gone ?
I really hope not but if this is the case it has been a great run!!!!!!!!!!!! I have owened 4
vipers to this point and still plan to buy another no matter what happens. LONG LIVE
THE VIPER.

WHAT A RIDE IT HAS BEEN

WANTED

If you look in the other thread everyone is convinced it's coming back in 2012 as a Viper. I think they are being a little too optimistic. If you like your current Viper, keep it and enjoy it :)

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look in the other thread everyone is convinced it's coming back in 2012 as a Viper. I think they are being a little too optimistic. If you like your current Viper, keep it and enjoy it :)

You may be right, but to play Devil's advocate, the same words were said before.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More like 375 units for 2010 but there will always be used and new left overs sitting around for sale.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't matter... all that's important is that YOU get yourself back into one. All healed up yet?

Warfang, thank you for reminding us about Wanted...are you doing better now, Wanted?
For my input here: Remember Herb/GrailKeeper has been asking TONS of questions and getting lots of feedback, I'm thinking that will go far towards the 2012 Viper. Can only be GOOD things, that's what I'm telling myself. :2tu:
~juli

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How quickly we forget. I was a high school student in the mid-seventies and was feeling really bummed out because I thought the sixties era horsepower wars were over and I missed out on all the fun. I was sure I would be driving neutered V-6s and straight 4s into my twilight years. Then 1992 comes along and restores my faith in people determined to have a good time.

Don't cry until it's over.

Last edited:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
honestly what are you guys talking about. A new vipers comng out in 2012. quit crying for nothing. If you guys dont like the 2012 viper when it comes out talk bad about it then. Everyone cried when the viper was going to die, now everyones crying that its still going to be in production.

Grow up people.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Directly from one of the biggest Dodge dealer owners himself, a week ago. Ralph is in mgt. and has to keep volume hopes high. We will see.

Yeah, right, a dealer would have a more accurate prediction on production than the CEO of Dodge, who quoted that number in a 6 hour presentation that was broadcast live around the world to the press.??????

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a National SRT conference call with high volume Viper dealers. However, the issue of parts supply is such a fast moving target that what is possible can quickly change. I believe the 500 figure assumed a certain product mix of Vipers being sold. In any event, production ends in July and the 2012 vehicle is merely "UNDER CONSIDERATION". For those of you out there who have never experienced the sensory world of the Viper, you better buy one now or you may never get the opportunity to again. Believe me. You will never regret the purchase if you have the skill and the stones to drive the car the way it was meant to be driven. In that regard, go to a driving school. It is money and time well spent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang