Are you having heat problems with your brakes?

ryan 94RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will start by saying I like to do drivers education events with my 96gts. That being said i have had never ending problems with my brakes. I would not stop and would cook anything i put in for pads of fluid...That problem is now gone thanks to the cone air duct kit i just installed...I just tested it at road atlanta... THis was not an easy test i went for 3 half hour runs and 2 hour runs. I ran between 1.40 and 142 lap times hitting btween 145-150mph on the back straight.. I was full on the brakes without a hint of fluid boil or pad fade. I am running carbotech xp's up front 1400F degree heat max and carbo panther plus in the back 1200F max. I am using super blue fluid and it seems to be holding fine with the added air to the calipers and rotors.

Forget about everything else and who cares what compound pad or fluid you run it will all work way better with the cone system... before you spend 5K on a stop tech system try the cone air ducts out for $350 and put them in yourself,i did. HAY MAN I GOT BRAKES HOW ABOUT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw the Cone's tonight and they talked about your experience with the kit. Very impressive.

I'm "begging the question" because I've seen the install done, but in your opinion how difficult was it?

In so far as bang for the buck, install effort, and results can you think of anything better?

Henry is the all time hardest on brakes of any Viper driver known (if anyone wants to nominate competition for this .... uh.... honor let's hear it) and this kit increased brake pad, rotor and fluid life.

A beta version of the production kit will run on the 8 hours of VIR Viper weekend after next too...

Jeff

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Website for the cone air duct kit?

You must be registered for see images

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hay Flyan, who helped you install the kit? Just kidding.

Just ordered Stoptech Rotors and SS lines. Looks like I might need .....................

OP
OP
R

ryan 94RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me be a walking advertisement by saying that I cant think of anything better or more cost effective than putting on the cone kit. I took my time because i didnt want to make any mistakes. THey said it should take between 4-6hours to
install but i took about 8 hours carefully double checking everything on my viper. THe only thing that was a B**ch was those plastic push pins,very difficult coming out and going in.... I will say that Janni Cone was very helpful and i would like to give a big thanks to her.
Contact Janni in the carolina region or call parts rack adn they will be able to help you order the kit...

Tom !!!!! you need this kit, I have stock lines and rotors . the kit makes my brakes work like no other..
OR better yet dont order it and you will never catch me....

ryan

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am gaining ground. Now, for a cheep set of 18" with track tires.

tw

you being it to Viper Days at VIR in July!

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Cone setup works very well. I had these installed this winter. Of one particular note I'm amazed at the amount of flying insects that meet there untimely death on a hot rim. So these are moving some air.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang