Asps in Jasper

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OOOOH.....looks like Chris has been on a diet since I last saw him. You, of course, are as beautiful as ever.....Somehow, my recollection is different....time to pull up some real photos later.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OOOOH.....looks like Chris has been on a diet since I last saw him. You, of course, are as beautiful as ever.....Somehow, my recollection is different....time to pull up some real photos later.
One unedited fat photo and you will find yourself posting as "hopperknob" with access only to the Japan Region forum. :ponder:

Of course knowing you, the posts would start flowing from that region immediately...

Your pal,

Burt

V

Venomiss

DoctorBob,
Chris has been swamped with work and Viper business since we got back but promises he will post plenty of pictures and the story of what a great time we had. In the meantime, he asked me to post this picture of the moose. Hope you enjoy. ;)
moose2.jpg

img%5D
Thank goodness there weren't any bears in the woods........

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MMMMMmmm....looks like triple secret probation in the Japan forum. I checked it out...seems to be a 'happenin' place. There could be a Chris Marshall sighting in Japan.:D

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I am VERY, very late on these pictures I know. My apologies to all. The story will have to wait just a bit as I suspect you will be reading it in a magazine near you in the not-too-distant future! In the meantime, our most sincere thanks to Greg & Lisa for organizing it, as well as Craig & Gail, Tyler, and the rest of the Western Canada Viper Club for being such wonderful company. And of course a special note of thanks to Doctor Bob, whose constant wit and charm never failed to impress us all. Thanks for making the drive Doc!

And to make up for the temporary story shortage, enjoy lots of pictures from the trip. These were shot by either myself or Venomiss. We still have another 1800 pictures to go through that were shot from another car!

In no particular order - well, other than the required group picture up front...

groupic.jpg

redviper.jpg

viperglake.jpg

srtgroup.jpg

srtlake.jpg

group1.jpg

moose.jpg

2srtview1.jpg

2grays.jpg

drbob1.jpg

standoff.jpg

icedrive5.jpg

srtblue.jpg

lakeg4.jpg

icegaze.jpg

3crossing.jpg

lakeg3.jpg

lakeg2.jpg

icedrive3.jpg

icedrive5.jpg

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
redfollow.jpg

crossing.jpg

And of course Doctor Bob's & our car parked properly by the out houses... :D

toilet.jpg

icedrive6.jpg

icegroup2.jpg

viperpass.jpg

tyler.jpg

crossingg3.jpg

icedriveg1.jpg

crossing2g.jpg

Want to know how we get some of our shots? Very carefully...

icedriveg2.jpg

icedriveg4.jpg

tyler2.jpg

icedriveg3.jpg

itsus.jpg

gdinner.jpg

gdrive1.jpg

gfalls.jpg

tyler3.jpg

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk about posting pics...this is the GORGEOUS posting pics section!!! Thank you, Chris and Mary, and others who have taken the pics above...absolutely gorgeous...the cars, the scenery, the people....what a great cruise to be in....very lovely, thank you!!~~juli

OP
OP
A

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! What else can be said but thank you very much! Chris, Mary, Greg and Steven did a great job of capturing the look and feel of moment, I can't wait to see some of the other 1800 (!!) pics.
I always end up wishing I'd taken more photos myself on trips like this, so this is doubly appreciated. I esp. like the one with my GTS reflected on the doors of the SRT8, very cool.:D And the shots with all the Vipers lined up at the overlook and each couple standing by the cars, and the group shot, and...

Very much looking forward to Viper mag coverage, which could only happen with Chris "string puller" Marshall himself having been along for the journey.:2tu:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice pictures of a beautiful scenery! Thanks for sharing!

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of great pictures , you guys have a great eye for photography . There are a lot of amazing angles , that really show the beauty of the park .Really like the last one with your car by itself with the mountain in the back , great picture . Thanks for posting all of the pics Chris greatly appreciated . Tell the boys and your wife I say hi .

V

Venomiss

So haven't heard anything from the Canadian section: we are now going through withdrawal so tell us what the weather is like and is it still "Viper Time?"
Miss the mountains and nice people!

Today it is unusually warm and they say it will hit 90. We are taking Viper out tonight.

OP
OP
A

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it is still Viper time! If only just.
We were out in it last night for dinner at a friends place. Perfect weather for it, no wind (no dust!) warm and clear. Returned home just after midnight, so no traffic to get in the way, either...Should have been out today, too, but I felt the need to finnish the tape and mud on the drywall in the garage. (still not done):smirk:

Nowhere near 90, but it was almost 70 yesterday. Temps in the 50's for this week, and it's certainly crisp in the morning! We've had frost a couple of times, but no snow (yet).

I haven't checked this post in weeks, but I've been thinking about possibly perhaps starting to think about plans for 2008.
I just noticed it's over 2500 views (but who's counting?) so I hope that there is some interest in a similar event for next year.

:usa:Hope y'all had a great Columbus Day, for those south of the border.
And Happy Thanksgiving for those north of same!:)

OP
OP
A

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spring 2008 - I think you will be very pleased... :2tu:

Sounds great, been holding my breath after seeing the coverage that the Calabogie event recieved in the fall '07 issue.
Very much looking forward to it, as are a great many Western Canadian chapter members!
We had our first little bit of snow this week, and of course they put an equal amount of salt down so that is officialy "it" for the year.
Waiting to see if a VOI X is annouced before planning Jasper '08, any inside news, Chris?:D

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, too, am looking forward to the Spring Magazine and the New Thread for ASPS in Jasper 2.....They're Back! I will just have to break in my new 2008 convertible..or...coupe...or ACR....well some kind of viper.

OP
OP
A

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, too, am looking forward to the Spring Magazine and the New Thread for ASPS in Jasper 2.....They're Back! I will just have to break in my new 2008 convertible..or...coupe...or ACR....well some kind of viper.

Soon...thinking about this for some time, now. Watch this space!:)

Dr.Bob, it would be great to have you up here again next year!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan on coming back...beautiful territory. I will just have to get with Chris and arrange for caravan to Jasper that is more that two cars :2tu: I will have to bring my moose repellant for Chris.:D

V

Venomiss

With VOI dates announced is there anyone who will be driving from Canada for it?

OP
OP
A

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With VOI dates announced is there anyone who will be driving from Canada for it?

I know of at least one Alberta member who is trying to get a few cars to go together to Detroit.

It's a bit of a long haul from here, further even than (hi, Ted) Nimpo Lake B.C.!
Still considering Asps in Japser for this July, any takers?

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am thinking of the drive not sure if my wife wans to go.But hey if she says yes then will be driving there with a big smile.

OP
OP
A

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stand by for an announcement, maybe later this weekend. It's hingent upon room availability at this point.

PS Kevin, can you make it for more than one night this time!

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sweet keep me in the know fo this one and maybe my wife will make it this year if not it was fun to do it alone.lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456