auto-X sanctioning

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was wondering (out side the legal ease) of the SCCA regulations. How would someone set up an auto-X event.

If we have the cones and we have the timing apparatus and we have the field. If we don't have the field but want to use a high school parking lot, how do we go about doing that?...Just asking on the outside, please don't start throwing sheat....I'm asking here first..

Any GOOD answers would be great!! I really don't care if it is SCCA sanctioned..but what kind of insurance do you have to have if it's not? And what kind of insurane and ok from the school board?

This is my first attempt at information so don't shoot the freak out of me!!! I know I can start doing homework..which I'd hope you'd be helping me with here..

Thanks,
Todd

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know for shows and local events here (non racing) the shopping centers and such require a 1 million dollar liability policy for the event.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look in the events section forum for the NY/CT vs. NJ autocross event (NY easily tromped on those amateurs) and contact Tom Roeller. He ran through all these variations to do an excellent job.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the insurance reasons mentioned, it is often quite common to piggy-back on other [larger] car club's AutoX events. In GA, the BMW club and the Porsche club are both incredibly active with AutoX. They also welcome vipers to join in their events.

when I was prez, I'd set up a couple of piggy-back/joint events with them. We had 10 or so vipers show up each time which was good... just not enough for our _own_ event.

JD

OP
OP

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all,

Not doing this as a car club thing, I really don't care how many Vipers show up..Different forum...

Thanks for the input,
Todd