autoform group

Status
Not open for further replies.

justingeer82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble ordering from autoform? I ordered a double bubble top on 3-8-12 and havent seen it or heard anything about the order.

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya i just got a wing from them a couple months ago. they told me when i ordered it 5 weeks, i think it took 6, and there was no communications in between that time.

it was annoying, but i don't think they have many people working there to handle phones, emails, etc.

OP
OP
J

justingeer82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told it would take 6 weeks. its been 6 months. I called a handful of times and havent been able to reach anyone. few times a woman answered and i left a message to be called but never heard back.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was told it would take 6 weeks. its been 6 months. I called a handful of times and havent been able to reach anyone. few times a woman answered and i left a message to be called but never heard back.

Unfortunately, that's how they are handling orders. I ordered my hard top in March as well. Steve told me it would be 4-6 weeks and it turned into 4 months. He was very apologetic about the long build time, as I was emailing him wondering what was going on. I think that Steve is overwhelmed with the orders because he does not have the staff that he used to have. He DOES make a high-quality hard top(which he has been making for almost 20 years), you just have to wait a long time for it. I agree, it's a little concerning with the communication disconnect after you have paid your 3k. That's the only part of the purchase that I wish would be addressed by Steve. Again, Steve has a long history with the Viper community and Autoform is his baby - he is working on your top (he just needs to communicate better).

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care how good the product is, I would NEVER buy a thing from someone who handles business that way.
No way!
And it's a shame, because I was considering an Autoform roll bar setup for my Gen IV

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry top notch company you will get your parts my sills were longer than said but it is nice work and well worth the wait but on the other hand I bought a cowl and was told it would take longer than it actually did as it all depends on how busy they are..

Iceman1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well you guys beat me too it i was going to ask the same question a couple weeks ago but didnt !
I can tell you this the quality of the RS wing i got was first rate ! The paint work they did [Gts Blue with white stripes ] was dead on the money as well , so quality isnt a issue .
Unfortunately i was going to buy some other products and sent several emails and left some messages with no reply !
When it comes to customer service they are as lost as last years easter eggs !
What a shame ,......for those of you that know them personally i suggest you let them know sooner or later the phone will stop ringing !

OP
OP
J

justingeer82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I ordered my top I was expecting to have it by the beginning of summer. Needless to say I was really really disappointed.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Justin,

Sorry to hear about your problem but I must say that when you do get your top, you will be happy. I have had many Autoform parts on my cars and though they take time to make and some parts are more complex to make than others(fiberglass work is not just add water stuff) and we all as Viper owners like to get our items fast, right now. The auto after market is slow, companies have reduced staff and to their detriment it takes time sometimes to make items. A lot of items do not have the margin in them that people think and they are made to order as most of us just can't afford t speculate as to what will sell next month and keep "ship in an instant" inventory. A lot of these items need to be crated and shipping arranged which seems like an easy thing to do to most, but to a small shop it is very taxing and the people in the shops have to be jack of all trades.

I am sure that Steve will have your top out to you as soon as he can.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoform built this car: '02 FE Daytona24 (#7 of 9), the car the Final Editions should have been.

You must be registered for see images attach

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Autoform RT/10 low-profile type spoiler and it's deformed, same thing, called and left message with woman and of course no calls returned...others might'v had good experience but I'm done with them, and how desperate are you for what you ordered from them, 6 weeks and it's been 6 months??? I'd be getting my money back, forget that, I don't care how nice the item is, that's not acceptable...

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Autoform RT/10 low-profile type spoiler and it's deformed, same thing, called and left message with woman and of course no calls returned...others might'v had good experience but I'm done with them, and how desperate are you for what you ordered from them, 6 weeks and it's been 6 months??? I'd be getting my money back, forget that, I don't care how nice the item is, that's not acceptable...

What part of the wing was deformed?

I ordered from Steve back in October , the whole Lemans package, installed painted and everything and I have to say, he got my car back in 3 months and in excellent condition. He does do very nice work, only thing was that the front fascia should have gotten more coats of paint of protectant, or I should have put 3M on it as it does chip with the slightest pebble or grain that hits the front end while driving. Other than that, I am very satisfied with his work. I guess he can't please everyone all the time but someone some of the time. Ive been at his shop as well and its very clean and tidy , thats for sure. As far as communication, he did lack some every now and then but, he did get around to it. He does make the nicest hardtop I heard as well. May be worth the wait. Hang in there if he held on this long. Steve and his wife are awesome people.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...it does chip with the slightest pebble or grain that hits the front end while driving.

The front of my side exhaust sills do that too. Jon B warned that is the nature of the FRP parts when I bought them from him. He also seems to be connected to AF. Not everyone here would buy from him, but if you need AF parts, consider him as the dealer.

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi...this is Steve from Autoform, I am not going to come on here and make excuses or place blame on anyone concerning the long build times on my products... I will however take the blame for the poor communication issues...I need to work on that and will make an effort to change. We are doing what we can to get caught up and get back to our normal build times. I have been part of the Viper community building products since 1993. I am proud of all of the parts I have designed and that we produce for the Viper and I will continue to do all I can to keep Autoform as a leader in aftermarket products for the Viper...and now Challenger. The best way to communicate with me is thru email, this allows me to be working out on the floor and communicating with customers between tasks (Please be a little patient for my response), I know people like to discuss products on the phone and I will do that as well...but an email to remind me is what I need to ask of you right now to make this a positive experience for everyone.
Ordering from one of our dealers is great...but that doesn't make the process here go faster. There are no stocking dealers...they get in line with their customers order just like customers that order from me directly.
As for the long wait for Justin's top...I spoke with him a couple of days ago... hopefully he is okay with me sharing this...I don't feel the need to talk about all of the details, but he unfortunately totaled his car about a month into the hardtop build, which was to be a replacement top for a unfortunate issue he had with the one that came with his car, I decided not to paint the hardtop and keep it here in primer until he found out what the insurance company was going to do with the car, as he really likes being a Viper owner and wanted to try and keep the car. In the end the car is gone and we have agreed that Autoform will refund the money on the top he ordered for that car...He also told me that he would send his used windows back to me so that I have a complete hardtop system to offer for sale. Justin is a great guy and is just one of the many customers that I feel I have had a great working experience with and do truly enjoy working with this group of people. Thank you for all of the kind comments from past customers and...as hard as it is to read, the bad stuff as well ...I need to hear that to get better. I would however prefer being reprimanded personally rather than in public. I hope Autoform product orders keep coming in for a long time...just not all at one time. Thanks for listening Steve

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very upfront and honest reply Steve..

Great products by the way and only ever heard good thing about Autoform...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes very honest and candid reply from AF. Points out the tough balance between smaller custom shops and customers that also expect the Amazon or Best Buy marketing system. 8 bazillion emails with a tracking number in 12 minutes. But as AF pointed out, they are the designers, the manufacturers, the marketers, their IT dept, and probably clean the shop and office on weekends. That's a lot to do. But the single component to balancing that load, is a reply to the customer. Good news or bad, just reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.