Autoform Roll Bar & bulkhead trim

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to custom cut the stock bulkhead trim piece that has the glove box versus installing the precut fiberglass bulkhead (without glovebox) that Autoform provides. I was wondering if was possible. The other option is to somehow cut the Autoform bulkhead and somehow fabricate a way to take the old glovebox and install it in the fiberglass piece. This looks way too hard.

I hate to lose the space since I now use it for my bottle warmer switch & NOS gauge.

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used the factory panel and the top part of the autoform panel. Looks factory. The fiberglass panel that autoform sent me wasn't even close on fit.

DN

OP
OP
V

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,

What did you cut the factory panel with and especially with the cuts that have to be made in the center of the trim near where the netting area is? The cuts near the ends don't look that bad. Also did you cut the factory trim piece where the carpeted area is and use the small back piece of the Autoform piece?

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Autoform rollbar with the stock trim cut (in the car when I bought it) and ended up replacing the trim panel with the fiberglass part. I strongly advise that you save your stock piece and use the fiberglass one - it looks good and is much easier to install. The main problem is with the center rollbar brace - to install the trim panel you need to chop a pretty big hole and cut a line fore-and-aft from this mount point to the back of the trim panel. It looks like crap and makes the panel weak. The autoform trim is in two pieces so has a very finished look on the car. My friend did the same but had the trim upholstered for a few hundred bucks and it looks really good.

OP
OP
V

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,

I'd love to see pics of the covered bulkhead installed. Sounds like modifying the stock bulkhead trim is a PITA. Sure hate losing the glove box. Or in my case, NOS warmer switch and pressure gauge.

BTW who covered your bulkhead and did they do both pieces?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave