Aviaid Dry Sump for All Gen Vipers

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Georgia,Times New Roman]Company: AVIAID[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Georgia,Times New Roman]Topic: Dodge Viper Sys [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Georgia,Times New Roman]Aviaid Oil Systems [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Georgia,Times New Roman]10041 Canoga Ave. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Georgia,Times New Roman]Chatsworth, CA 91311 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Georgia,Times New Roman](818) 998-8991 [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Georgia,Times New Roman]Contact: John Schwarz[/FONT]

You must be registered for see images

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Georgia,Times New Roman]Dodge Viper System [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Georgia,Times New Roman]AVIAID INTRODUCES DRY SUMP[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Georgia,Times New Roman]OIL SYSTEM FOR DODGE VIPERS[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Owners of all three generations of Dodge Vipers (1992 to present) can now benefit from improved power and engine reliability thanks to a new dry sump oil system developed by industry pioneer Aviaid. The company has been providing high performance lubrication solutions since 1961, and is credited with introducing dry sump technology to the automotive world.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The system features a cast aluminum pan, which contains three pickups in the sump, and a unique 4-stage pump containing one pressure section and three scavenge sections. The two pump elements are connected with a driveshaft, with a belt-drive front pulley. A special ATI Super Damper assembly is used to drive the pump. This allows retention of the OEM Viper air conditioning setup for street use.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Aviaid’s new Viper system can be configured for applications that range from “hot” street use to all-out competition. It utilizes a remote filter with a built-in regulator that allows the oil pressure to be adjusted from the engine compartment.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Variations to the system include use of a braided scavenge return manifold (as pictured) or a fabricated stainless steel manifold. A variety of sump tanks are available to suit the installation.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]For additional information call 818-998-8991 or visit the firm’s data-packed website (www.aviaid.com), which also offers convenient online secure e-commerce. Literature can be obtained by writing to Aviaid Oil Systems, 10041 Canoga Ave., Chatsworth, CA 91311. Requests can be faxed to 818-998-8993.[/FONT]

I do not know any other information other than what is listed in this press release. I am keeping this on file for my next build

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW, that looks great. How large is the oil tank and where is it mounted? Does it use the factory oil cooler still, and do you have pricing?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!

This looks great!

Based on my talk with the guy there, cost appears to be in the $3000 range.

You can keep the air conditioning.

Only downside is that you will lose some trunk space for the reservoir.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting indeed.

I will wait until one hits production and I see installed pictures to form an opinion. I specifically looked at a design just like that, but canned it due to the pump being so vulnerable to the roadway conditions... the pump pulley would get ripped clean off or jammed if you run over just about anything. Could work in a Gen-2, but an SRT block sits even lower.