AVOID THIS VENDOR HE CAN'T BE TRUSTED don't delete people need to know !!!

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AVOID THIS VENDOR HE CAN\'T BE TRUSTED don\'t delete people need to know !!!

Back in January I bought a set of tires from VENONBLUE550 (R&J Distributing) I sent him a check(never again) and he sent the tires a week later waited for my check to clear. Sent the tires via DHL, guess what they lost them. He said he insured them (first lie). I had to file the claim. Ultimately I only recieved $200.00 from DHL because he didn't insure the tires. I called Ron at R & J Distributing about getting the rest of my $750.00. He said he wasn't responsible since DHL lost the tires. I have the original air bill which showes he did not insure the tires. It took several emails back and forth to finally get him to pay me $400.00. That check arrived today(any bets on whether or not it's good?) So I bought four tires for $950.00 got none and R & J distributing only reimbursed me $400.00 + $200.00 from DHL Result I'm short $350.00 and they won't pay the rest. So the moral is always use your credit card and dont trust R & J Distributing(VENOMBLUE550)He is a vendor on this site that can not be trusted, and I hate LIARS MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!!!!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: AVOID THIS VENDOR HE CAN\'T BE TRUSTED don\'t delete people need to know !!!

That's sad to hear. I have had two positive dealings with him, and I know of plenty other VA/MD members who have had positive experiences.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: AVOID THIS VENDOR HE CAN\'T BE TRUSTED don\'t delete people need to know

That's sad to hear. I have had two positive dealings with him, and I know of plenty other VA/MD members who have had positive experiences.

I have had GREAT dealings with Ron.

Sorry you diden't.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

The most important thing I can learn from this, is to insist on insurance with any vendor. Thanks for your beneficial post, and sorry about your loss.

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It will be interesting to see how (or if) VENOMBLUE550 responds to this.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WOW - I AM SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VENUMBLUE IS A GREAT GUY TO DEAL WITH.

I AM SORRY ABOUT YOUR LOSE, ITS IMPORTANT YOU KNOW THAT.

JUST FROM READING THE STORY, YOUR POST, IF YOU AND RON TALKED AND CAME TO A
AGREEMENT FOR HIM TO SEND YOU A CHECK FOR $400, THAT SOUNDS TO ME YOU WORKED
IT OUT WITH RON TO SETTLE FOR THAT. IN SO DOING THAT TO WAIT UNTIL YOU RECEIVED
THE CHECK AND COMING TO A AGREEMENT WITH RON THEN TO POST THIS - IS WRONG.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND I AM ONLY RESPONDING TO YOUR POST AND THE VERY LITTLE STORY
YOU HAVE TOLD. MY POINT IS THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY AND ALSO TO COME
IN HERE AND MAKE A POST AFTER COMING TO A FINANCIAL AGREEMENT IS PURE BS IN MY
MIND.

TO ALL WHO READ THIS I STAND 100% BEHIND RON AND HIS PRODUCTS. I RECCOMEND HIM
HIGHLY.

LAST POINT IF YOU WERE NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU SETTLED ON WITH RON, YOU SHOULD
HAVE NEVER MADE THE DEAL. HAD YOU MADE A POST OF THIS PROBLEM BEFORE YOU MADE
THE AGREEMENT TO SETTLE FOR $400 FROM RON, I THINK MOST OF US WHO HAVE DEALT
WITH HIM COULD HAVE HELPED RESOLVED THIS MATTER IN A CLEANER AND MORE PROFESSIONAL
WAY. FURTHER MORE, TWO WRONGS DO NOT MAKE A RIGHT. NEXT TIME BEFORE YOU GET TO
THIS POINT TRY ASKING FOR SOME HELP, WE DO THAT ALOT HERE FOR EACH OTHER.

AGAIN I AM VERY SORRY WHAT HAS HAPPEN AND HOPE YOU AND RON CAN WORK THIS OUT
WITHOUT THE ATTACKS ON A PUBLIC FORM.

TOM - MHO

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow..I was shocked to hear this too. I just had a dealing with Ron and I found that he's a super great guy and also very responsible as well. I ordered the powder coated red brake caliper from him. As I wanted them in a hurry, Ron told me that he had existing ones in stock so he will first send me that so I can avoid having the car sit at the garage for more than a week without calipers. In another word, it made life much easier for me as I only need to send him 2 checks, one for $400 and the other one is for deposit $700 which I will get it back once I send him back my other calipers. Ron also listen and follow my wishes and used my own Fedex account and all the parts arrived really fast!! As for me, I had a really good positive dealings with Ron and I'm sure I will want to deal with him again and I also recommended him to my friends as well. Just sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. Good luck!

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Without taking sides regarding this specific transaction I will make the following comment. If you sell someone anything, it is YOUR responsibility to deliver it intact to the buyer. If the item doesn't make it for whatever reason, the seller should refund the monies paid and make the insurance claim. Would any seller accept the explanation that the payment was lost by the Post Office?

IF VenomBlue550 has the policy described in this thread, I'm glad I now know this and will not deal with him in the future despite past dealings that were trouble free. :usa:

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quote:

"Without taking sides regarding this specific transaction I will make the following comment. If you sell someone anything, it is YOUR responsibility to deliver it intact to the buyer. If the item doesn't make it for whatever reason, the seller should refund the monies paid and make the insurance claim. Would any seller accept the explanation that the payment was lost by the Post Office? "

Great point. Is there another side to this story...VENOMBLUE550 ???

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<< I STAND 100% BEHIND RON AND HIS PRODUCTS. I RECCOMEND HIM HIGHLY. >>

Sorry to hear that you had an unfortunate experience. However, I must agree with the above comment 100%. I have to believe Ron will make it right, or has made it right from his side of the story.

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I agree with Shelby3. It's the sellers responsibility to insure the product that is sold. If he didn't do that then he should replace the product, or refund the FULL purchase price. I still don't see how you can lose a set of tires.

OP
OP
S

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will quote his last email to me.

"Hi Steve..i have talked with my partner... and if you really think about it,it's totally not fair to us...we will be out of

4 new tires
shipping charges
all the $$ for those tires

that's insane, how can a seller be responsible for 100% shippig company's fault, i mean at this point you got the $200 DHL refund, and we got the $870 from you after the shipping, and we the we can send you another $400 out from our own pocket to cover part of your lose, so that way you are only short out $270.00, and we are out of $400...thanks"

My response to Ron was as follows
" Ron,

If you had insured the shipment in the first place we wouldn't be having this discussion. As far as being out the money I just got back from a sales call where I had to remanufacture a product for a customer. It ended up costing my company $7,000.00 and two days out of my office for me so I could go visit the customer and make them, "FEEL better" about dealing with my company in the future. A lot of things happen in business that isn't our fault, but we have to fix them and keep the customers happy and our reputation unmarked. That is just basic business #101, if you think that sending me a check for $400.00 is the best you can do I will have to live with that, but that doesn't make me want to ever do business with you again.

Reimburse the entire amount and I will be happy anything less and I am a very unhappy customer. Happy customers spread the word about how well a bad situation was dealt with and rectified, unhappy customers spread the word about everything else, take your choice."

I don't consider this exchange of emails coming to any kind of agreement. The idea of making purchases from vendors is, you pay the money and get what you paid for. I paid $950.00 for 4 new tires. As of today I still don't have the tires and I am out $350.00. I would have been better off sending him the $350.00 for no good reason, and I would be in the same situation.

Remember the phrase we were all taught early on in our careers "the customer is always right" I guess Ron has a different way of thinking.

I will say that I sent Ron my hood pad and he did a beautiful job on painting the logo for me and I was very happy.

I just thought you guys should know how Ron settled this problem.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for sharing!! I agree it is his responsibility to make sure you get the product you ordered in the condition described.
I would expect them to take the loss as they did not insure them, either way their business has insurance against loss as well.
I can't stand business people that do not do the right thing!!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Disclaimer - I personally know the original poster and know him to be truthful and honest.

Agree 100% with Shelby3. It is the responsibility of the seller to deliver a product. If he told Steve the tires were insured and they were not, then he should be liable 100% for the full cost of replacement. Also, the shipper ALWAYS files the claim with a shipping company as they were the customer - the customer who paid the shipping charges, who filled out the paperwork, who did or did not select insurance, etc. I sold a set of wheels and tires once and UPS lost ONE. I did not make the buyer file a claim - it was my responsibility to deliver them. I had insurance and UPS paid me to buy another wheel/tire and ship to the person that I had sold the set to. I did the work, as it was my responsibility Had I been unsuccessful in getting UPS to pay, I would have paid - the buyer had held up his end of the bargain by paying, I, as the seller, needed to hold up mine. Steve's check made it there OK, didn't it?

Reaction score

Sounds like R and J are pretty good to refund $400.00 for a shipper losing the tires.

Why blame R and J for DHL losing your tires?

Did you pay for shipping insurance? If not you lose and it is not R and J's problem!

OP
OP
S

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was told when I sent the check that they would be insured. I paid for the tires and for the shipping and the insurance (I thought) based on what I was told. They did not insure the shipment, and I am out $350.00. If I did something wrong please explain it to me.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: AVOID THIS VENDOR HE CAN\'T BE TRUSTED don\'t delete people need to know !!!

WOW, :confused: could not believe what I was reading about Ron, He has always been a straight shooter with me, johnny on the spot, very nice products..

But, in fairness I must admit, this situation does not set well with me, I run a business myself, and yes, some times you take the good ole ballpeen hammer to the nuts to make the business right...

Without the customer, what good is the business, it is like they say, one will tell ten, and ten will tell a hundred.

Ron,I truely believe you are above this.....

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that happened to you Steve. I hope this person steps up and rectifies the problem. Seems to me it would be cheaper for him in the long run to do the right thing and give you your money back vs. loosing alot of business from bad "press".

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds like R and J are pretty good to refund $400.00 for a shipper losing the tires.

Why blame R and J for DHL losing your tires?

Did you pay for shipping insurance? If not you lose and it is not R and J's problem!

Fred, Until the tires are in the possession of the buyer, they belong to the seller. The shipper lost Ron's tires. Can I buy wheels from you and blame the shipper if my payment doesn't arrive? :confused: :usa:

Reaction score

Anyone who thinks the vendor is resopnsible for a shipper error is not living in a real world. Once the product is released to DHL UPS etc. the Vendor has completed his part of the transaction. If the buyer wants to insure the shipment for more than the shippers min. it is up to the buyer to request and pay for the additional insurance.

Reaction score

Agree if they were to be insured and the vendor did not insure them the vendor takes the total loss.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with the comments - seller is responsible for delivery of the product.

And I wouldn't let a few hundred bucks come between me and a customer in this situation.

Who hasn't learned by now, INSURE ALL PACKAGES!!! Obviously there are some thieves with these shipping companies.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I own an Internet based business and in NO WAY is the customer responsible for a lost shipment, or should lay out a penny. All shipments should be insured against loss or damage, it is a minimal charge and part of the shipping fee. If there is a problem with UPS or another shipper losing the products, the vendor should resend the products immediatly and take up the claim with the shipping company. The vendor lays out the money for the loss, and will reclaim it later from the shipper. If the vendor didn't insure the products, he loses.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone who thinks the vendor is resopnsible for a shipper error is not living in a real world. Once the product is released to DHL UPS etc. the Vendor has completed his part of the transaction. If the buyer wants to insure the shipment for more than the shippers min. it is up to the buyer to request and pay for the additional insurance.

This is a totally inaccurate statement. Any responsible company would have the product insured against loss, and if they didn't would eat the loss and not hang the customer out to dry. It's just common sense business practice. If the customer did a chargeback on their credit card Visa or MC would absolutely side with customer on this. The idea a customer has to ask for added insurance themselves is ludicrious (sp?). And if I could spell I would even say rediculous! :)

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Another problem that comes up frequently are vendors who pack poorly and then blame the shipper for damage. The vendor then shirks the responsibility for recovery on the buyer. I've purchased glass items on Ebay that were packed for sheet, damaged in shipping and had the seller claim no responsibility. ViperJon has the correct policy that is shared by all quality vendors.

If in fact the policy of VenomBlue550 is as described in this thread, I will no longer use his products or services. I also wouldn't buy anything from Fred either. :usa: :usa:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry for all involved! Looks like DHL screwed everyone over!

It just ***** that they were not insured. What would it have cost? $10- more?

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Back in January I bought a set of tires from VENONBLUE550 (R&J Distributing) I sent him a check(never again) and he sent the tires a week later waited for my check to clear. Sent the tires via DHL, guess what they lost them. He said he insured them (first lie). I had to file the claim. Ultimately I only recieved $200.00 from DHL because he didn't insure the tires. I called Ron at R & J Distributing about getting the rest of my $750.00. He said he wasn't responsible since DHL lost the tires. I have the original air bill which showes he did not insure the tires. It took several emails back and forth to finally get him to pay me $400.00. That check arrived today(any bets on whether or not it's good?) So I bought four tires for $950.00 got none and R & J distributing only reimbursed me $400.00 + $200.00 from DHL Result I'm short $350.00 and they won't pay the rest. So the moral is always use your credit card and dont trust R & J Distributing(VENOMBLUE550)He is a vendor on this site that can not be trusted, and I hate LIARS MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!!!!

i had a friend that worked for DHL, those guys at the airport that load the planes (him) and unload, they break open boxes and pick through and take whatever they want. someone saw the tires and took them, they werent lost. Venomblue is out the tires, so hes out more than the 350 you are out.
then again, why buy parts from someone off the internet anyway? if its cheaper for ya, then thats why, you have to take risks like this to get the better prices. you got cheap and it cost ya

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's the Vendor's responsibility to get the product to the customer. To dodge responsibility is lame.

The proper response for any decent vendor would be to ship out a new set of tires, and then fight with DHL himself.

I will never buy anything from them.

Reaction score

Last week I purchased(e-bay) a "Viper Night Drivin" Pinball machine and it is being shipped across country(2,500 miles). The seller owns an Arcade business and offered great advise about shipping. The seller has his money and I have a Pinball machine on a truck. I spoke with the trucking company and paid additional insurance for this shipment.

In my business my customers pick the shipping method. When their shipment leaves my plant the product is theirs.