AVOID THIS VENDOR HE CAN'T BE TRUSTED don't delete people need to know !!!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: AVOID THIS VENDOR HE CAN\'T BE TRUSTED don\'t delete people need to know

Stugots, if venomblue was just someone that was selling a set of tires from one VCA member to another, then your analogy would be correct. But that's NOT the case here. Venomblue is a VENDOR, doing business as a VENDOR, and a recommended VCA VENDOR (VENDOR - someone who promotes or exchanges goods or services for money.)

no I understand im saying that is how I think HE is looking at not. Never said that IM looking at it that way

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In Venomblue's defense I think hes looking at it as a person to person deal where both parties are "equal" (for lack of a better term) where its like "ok deal went south because of shipping lets split the loss" rather then a business to customer deal where the business would eat the loss.

I know I explained it a little weird but I THINK hes looking at it this way.....

example: im selling a TV to someone local and me and him are carring the TV into his house and we drop it whos fault is it? we both had a hand in to so we split the loss, thats how I THINK he may be looking at it, I may be wrong.

Again not saying if its right or wrong im just saying this is what I believe hes thinking. no I did not call Miss Cleo (shes in jail anyway she'd have to use her 1 phone call to call me and it would be collect....

What does is matter if he delivered to you ok. In this instance he is ripping off the customer. Put your self in those shoes, I think most seem to agree Venomblue is responsible to refund entirely and get compensated from the shipping company.

Prime example is I purchased many expensive items from ViperMed at Elite Motorsports, all of which were great!!! I received everything I was supposed to in a timely matter. But on the other hand it appears not everyone else was as lucky. It sure makes me think twice about doing business with folks like this. For me personally I will not take my chances or support vendors who rip fellow viper owners off, NO WAY!!

no im in no way taking any sides all im sayin is..

1. I never had an issue
2. That is how I think HES looking at it

never gave an opinion if I feel its right or wrong (and im gonna stay out of that one) im just saying thats how he feels.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelby3 I guess I've not made my self clear, I said any seller that is selling inexpensive items, would gladly cover a delivery loss. Of course I would cover such items, especially a set of $119.00 exhaust tips, but we have coverage from our main shipper, Unishippers. It's part of our shipping aggrement, but it is limited. If I shipped out a very expensive item, I would demand they pay for insurance, unless I have a proffit level that would allow for me to include it in the price. I refuse to ship very expensive items that go beond what our carrier will cover, unless suplamentel coverage is purchased by me or them, someone! If I sold something to a customer, and they didn't recieve it, or it was broke, I'd bend over backwards to make it right with them, regardless if I'm covered or not.

This is the second person qouting me, yet right within the qoute is the sentence; No way in this world would I expect this if I'm buying a product that doe's not have this built into it's selling price.

BUILT INTO IT'S SELLING PRICE.

That means you should be covered when buying from a company that does this for a living, espesially on inexpensive items.

No shoestring operater will offer this protection, and that's what insurance is for, but between the customer and the freight co, and the vendor should have enough leverage against the freight company in case they are not taking care of the customer.

Skip White

Reaction score

Almost 1400 hundred Views and 92 responses to this thread, it will cost the vendor much more than he realized after everything is said and done.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Almost 1400 hundred Views and 92 responses to this thread, it will cost the vendor much more than he realized after everything is said and done.

thats always true

Eagle

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I would not buy something from any vendor knowing that if my order was lost i would lose my money. I am a business person and it is my responsibility to keep customers happy AT ALL COSTS, PERIOD. I would not buy from this vendor no matter what after hearing his response, for 3-4 hundred he is being foolish in my opinion. Just my opinion.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It appears a few have seemed to misunderstand me in such a way as to imply I would have handled this the same as VB550 when I never once implied that I would. Had I known this I would have voiced my opinion on what I would have done. It's upsetting to me some of the comemts made towards me. I really wish people would not read bits and pieces, and make quick judgments.

I've been up against many bad situations in my many years and have allways kept my customers satisfied. I'd have to really be up against a really unreasonable customer for him or her not have a good experiance with me. I've yet to come across such a customer.

Kind'a hurts my fealings

Skip White

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It appears a few have seemed to misunderstand me in such a way as to imply I would have handled this the same as VB550 when I never once implied that I would. Had I known this I would have voiced my opinion on what I would have done. It's upsetting to me some of the comemts made towards me. I really wish people would not read bits and pieces, and make quick judgments.

I've been up against many bad situations in my many years and have allways kept my customers satisfied. I'd have to really be up against a really unreasonable customer for him or her not have a good experiance with me. I've yet to come across such a customer.

Kind'a hurts my fealings

Skip White

well Skip (and im only going to speak for myself) was a joke if you notice lol after what I said.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Although I haven't bought anything off Skip he is always here to answer questions etc. and is a great asset to the Viper community. Vendors like Skip should be suppoerted and VB550 should be completely cut and even banned from advertising here!

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kind'a hurts my fealings

Skip White

Skip, This is a direct cut from your statement that bothers me most.

"When a claim as this is made, it is between the customer it was shipped to and the shipping co. Not between the seller and the freight company, nor between the seller and the customer."

Did you actually mean this? This is what I strongly disagree with. I believe it is between the seller and the shipper to recover the insurance especially on a lost item. :usa:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: AVOID THIS VENDOR HE CAN\'T BE TRUSTED don\'t delete people need to know !!!

I fully see Jay's point, but I can tell you one thing for sure, these big companies are not paying to insure anything. They are self insuring the item.

This really is something small vendors are trusting the freight companies with, and paying outragious rates to cover an item. This is a good topic. I think it should be made clear from the begining, if you purchase an item from us,(the vendor) and you request insurance, and are willing to pay for such, we will insure it, but if their is a claim to be made, it's between you and the freight company. The customer is insuring it's safe arrival, and putting up money that is paid 100% to the shipping company, not the shipper. He doe's not make one dime on this. Why should a vendor be held responsable for the product after it leaves his hands. No way in this world would I expect this if I'm buying a product that doe's not have this built into it's selling price. This is so cut and dry.

Skip White

Skip, it seems your tune has changed (to the good I might add). What you were stating earlier in the above quote and another post a few up from this one, is that if a shipment does not arrive it is between the buyer and shipping company. That is where most of us differ. FOB destination - that means the seller maintains ownership until delivery. That is what is expected and required in the retail industry, regardless of the value of the product.

My $0.02 (well spent with companies that take responsibility)

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: AVOID THIS VENDOR HE CAN\'T BE TRUSTED don\'t delete people need to know !!!

No I'm not changing my tune, I'm just trying to further explain myself. I should have made it clear that any Vendor selling inexpensive items should cover the product 100% and if the item's are very expensive, they need to be insured, and I thought that's exactly what I've been saying. I'm not changing the tune, but trust me on this,I'm not going to ever let my customer down.

Skip W

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

100% correct.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelby3 yes I'm saying that a claim is between the shipping co. and the purchaser, as thats usually the way it's handled. I just sold an engine to a customer, and the freight co. broke the distributor of the engine, and I tried to file a claim with the freight co. and they said for me to put them in contact with the purchaser of the engine, and that it would be handled between them and not me. I called the customer and told him this, and all was well. I did tell him to let me know if they were not treating him right on this, and I would step right in.

Skip

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Skip damage and loss are two different things. Though I believe in both cases the seller is obligated to make the customer whole. With damage the goods are in the customers hands and therefore so is ownership. Until it arrives, and is in the customers custody, it is the sellers. That is what FOB destination means. It indicates when ownership rights transfer. For retail that is when the customer receives it. For business to business the norm is FOB ship point. And in many cases the buyer arranges for the actual shipping.

But keeping this a retail line of commentary the issue is between the owner of the product and the shipping comany. And if it was never delivered the owner is the seller.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[quote
Prime example is I purchased many expensive items from ViperMed at Elite Motorsports, all of which were great!!! I received everything I was supposed to in a timely matter.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I remember that fascia. Make sure you stay by your car at Carlisle this year. I like that fascia and I'm bringing tools with me this year! :p

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is a quick fix for this Venomblue550...If you think it's worth it.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My four post lift ships Friday. If it does not arrive (the trucker "loses it"), do I still have to pay for it? I certainly hope not........ but I'll ask just out of curiosity and let y'all know.

I did call the lift company today and ask the question, "What if the lift does not arrive, will I still have to pay for it?".

First I got silence (I'm 99% sure the person was thinking "What a stupid Question").

Then I explained a person had bought an item from a vendor and it never arrived, it was apperantly not insured for full value and the customer was not fully refunded. Then she said, "Oh... we would never do that, if something happened, was damaged, or missing, we ship a replacement, we would make it right for the customer".

She also said, my lift ships tomorrow and should be here Monday or Tuesday. All my car buddies in town will be over next weekend to help assemble it :)

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Precisely, Jay - this is a "duh" for serious vendors.

I'll give you an example from last Christmas - I ordered a $1400 camera lens from Adorama. They shipped it UPS. UPS said they delivered the package, but I never signed for it and the package was not at my house when I got home the evening it was supposed to be delivered. The package was of course insured and marked as requiring signature. I contacted UPS, who said "our contract is with the shipper". I then contacted Adorama, who apologized and said they'd take care of handling UPS - and did I want a refund or for the lens, or for them to ship a replacement lens?

THAT is how it's supposed to work.

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow..this flame is now 4 pages long..my goodness. Maybe I should start a flame 1 year ago with JonB at partsrack. By all means, I ordered a bunch of stuff from him totalling $2750. Got all items except the floor mats. He told me the item was lost. One year later, I still did not get the mats or refund.

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wow..this flame is now 4 pages long..my goodness. Maybe I should start a flame 1 year ago with JonB at partsrack. By all means, I ordered a bunch of stuff from him totalling $2750. Got all items except the floor mats. He told me the item was lost. One year later, I still did not get the mats or refund.

Lost? Maybe he never shipped them. Did you ask for proof it was sent? I guess they must have been pretty expensive floor mats for you not to get another set sent especially in you ONLY spent $2750. :rolleyes: This is great that we get to hear some negative feedback on some of the vendors so we are not always so blinded by the "so and so is the MAN!" threads.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Assuming you paid by credit card, you should have done a chargeback for the amount of the mats. End of story, your money refunded.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The REST of the story.

1) Canadian Shipment, mats sent by Snake-Oyl to man's installer, at his request.
2) Installer refused it due to customs duty owed. But first SIGNED for it!
3) Snake Oyl says they never got it back, but agreed to replace it (insured.)
4) I put Phil and secretary w/ Snake Oyl 2-3 times....(loses the contacts?)
5) I thought this was done 6+ months ago, and have AGAIN alerted Snake-Oyl to this open item. We had offered a refund, but he wanted the S.O. MATS.

International orders are much more likely to result in problems, and this is one unusual example. As he said, everything we direct-shipped he received promptly. And if he (finally) wants to bail, we'll recap w/ S.O. and refund.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All I know is I have delt with Jon B (partsrack) many times and I can honestly sit here and say I do NOT think he would be the type to screw anyone over, as a matter of fact hes so trusting in most cases he gives his customers the power to screw HIM.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JonB was very helpful,(ALTHOUGH VERY SHORT ON THE PHONE) even allowing a change in the order 1 week after it was made...For a one man operation, he is great. He is no VENOMBLUE550...

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JonB was very helpful,(ALTHOUGH VERY SHORT ON THE PHONE) even allowing a change in the order 1 week after it was made...For a one man operation, he is great. He is no VENOMBLUE550...

short,to the point and always honest lol

I'll take short and honest over long and B.S'in ANYDAY

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The REST of the story.

1) Canadian Shipment, mats sent by Snake-Oyl to man's installer, at his request.
2) Installer refused it due to customs duty owed. But first SIGNED for it!
3) Snake Oyl says they never got it back, but agreed to replace it (insured.)
4) I put Phil and secretary w/ Snake Oyl 2-3 times....(loses the contacts?)
5) I thought this was done 6+ months ago, and have AGAIN alerted Snake-Oyl to this open item. We had offered a refund, but he wanted the S.O. MATS.

International orders are much more likely to result in problems, and this is one unusual example. As he said, everything we direct-shipped he received promptly. And if he (finally) wants to bail, we'll recap w/ S.O. and refund.

Jon,

You were gived specific instruction to ship only the exhaust to my installer and the rest of the items to my home, period. Ofcourse my installer refuse to accept the floor mat when it arrive to his place instead of mine. You have to know one thing, once I gave you specific instruction, to send only the exhaust to my installer and the rest of the items to my home, I therefore told my installer to expect the delivery for the exhaust only! Don't forget we have to pay extra customs and duties charges here in Canada once we receive the item. If my installer is not aware about the floor mat, ofcourse he refuse to accept the delivery since he will have to pay the custom duties on it and my instruction to him was to pay for the exhaust's duties only. However, I refused to understand why will the floor mats reached my installer address and not my home address like the rest of the items? Is it my fault since I already given you specific shipping instructions?? I still have the instruction that was given to you save on my computer. Furthermore, the funny thing was, despite all emails going back and forth for the past one year, I recently sent you 2 direct email in the last 2 weeks and got no reply from you and once I posted here, you reply right away?? Must be the magic of this forum??

P.S. I had never insisted on the floor mats if you were to give me refund, please note!!!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The plot thickens.. :ooo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi