B-J auctions '96 gts

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also agree that the auctions were low this year. Mind you I said low, not good value. BJ always seems to bring out the highest prices (perhaps it's the TV exposure), but this year it seemed a little lower. The only cars I thought were just way over priced were the charity ones.

Did anyone see the Shelby coupe recreation? It went for like $40K or something. I wanted that bad! I would have bought that in a heart beat. Yes, it's not real (only like 7 ever made), but it looked in good shape and I could drive it without fear. And this is the daddy of our babies. Why the heck not buy it? I don't know what the cost is to have one built, but I bet it's more than what it auctioned for.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I watched a good deal of the BJ auction (great initials, huh?) and frankly I was amazed at how wacky the pricing was.

As someone else mentioned, the cost of "recreations" (nice word for fraud) was over the top while many "real" cars seemed to be bargains in comparison. That Hudson truck on Sunday was not a flashy thing...but it sold too cheap in my thinking for the rarity it is. Sadly, the cars of that era are by and large done value wise. I have restored many old Mopars myself to national winning status and know that you could not have restored that truck for the money it brought.

I have been involved with old cars for a long time...and I know that the musclecars simply do not change hands at the prices realized at BJ. The most amazing thing is how they applaud some guy who just paid a record price for a car. I'd be so happy to be the guy that just paid the highest price ever. Geez.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think <$50 for sure, because the buyer has to pay the 10% premium to B-J.

That's what's great about the Dodge Viper. A fantastic car the regular guy can own.:headbang::usa:

Talk about Ferrari all you want but can afford them or would pay the price if you could?:dunno: And only to have a 12 year old Viper smoke you!:lmao:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what was visible, The 96' b/w had the Stoptech brake upgrade, and smooth tubes. I can't remember, but I'm assuming the rotors were slotted and drilled as well. I said it all weekend long, its too early to be selling Vipers, even with the billionaire bidders at BJ. Overall, prices did seem lower than past years. I guess even all the crazy billionaires are counting their pennies with the economy as screwed as it is :eek: The blue Gallardo with mods (carbon fiber wing, wheels, etc) was BEAUTIFUL. Nicest one I've ever seen. It went for $150k. The Miami Vice boat, Hummer H2 and trailer went for $500k. Thats a deal considering thats a $600k boat before the custom paintjob plus the Hummer and trailer you get. The Robosaurus thing looked really cool. I think it sold for around $600k. People in the audience were actually laughing everytime someone bid on it. I have no practical use for it, but I would've bought it just to have it.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use the Robosaurus to chew up that H2. Shouldn't take much. They're just a re-skinned Chevy 1/2 ton pickup.

Can you tell I don't like H2's? Or the mini truck Colorado based H3?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang