Baby, It's COLD outside!!

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...especially when the heater bites the dust! :dead:

Need some A/C help - my heater died this morning. Fan was on high, but I think I heard a clunk when switching from defrost/floor mix to full defrost.
Now only cold air tickles out of the defrost vent and blows full from the floor. Not ideal in 40 degree weather. :rain:

So is it the control unit, the servo motor(s), both? And what is the fastest/easiest method to test?

Also, my parts lists shows the servo as # 05019631AA. VPA shows part #5014212AA - is this the same part?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now Hell has really frozen over.

Think this is the first post in 20 years on Vipers complaining the interior is not warm enough : >)

(hope you get the heat back on soon)

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too the starter button of the shop heater at work is acting funky every now and then which causes a problematic start up.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to say it sounds like some kind of lever or rod came loose or a cable snapped?

...especially when the heater bites the dust! :dead:

Need some A/C help - my heater died this morning. Fan was on high, but I think I heard a clunk when switching from defrost/floor mix to full defrost.
Now only cold air tickles out of the defrost vent and blows full from the floor. Not ideal in 40 degree weather. :rain:

So is it the control unit, the servo motor(s), both? And what is the fastest/easiest method to test?

Also, my parts lists shows the servo as # 05019631AA. VPA shows part #5014212AA - is this the same part?

Thanks in advance for any help.

OP
OP
PacificSEASnake

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, the heat came back magically this morning - so I'm guessing it's the controller. I was so happy to have heat for the drive in to the office, I didn't mess with the settings to test this theory.