Back from Woodhouse!!

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to let everybody know that my car is back from Woodhouse. I had them install a Paxton, Woodhouse motor and trans. mounts and a column mount boost gauge. The install and fit and finish are excellent as I suspected they would be (I'll upload pics when I get a chance). The car pulls much harder above 4k rpm (even more fun when you are driving in the cool night air....as is true with most all forced induction cars.:2tu:) but drives like a stocker until you mash the pedal. The car dynoed 594 rwhp and 525 rwtq on their Mustang Dyno with A/F ratios no higher than 12.2 and no lower than 11.1. I drove the car today for approximately 4 hours in 80 degree weather and it performed flawlessly. I had the A/C blasting (and nearly froze too death I might add) with no idle surging or bucking whatsoever. Even in stop-and-go driving situations the temperature never reached above 190 degrees! No gasoline smell in the cabin, no black smoke from the exhaust, for me it's the perfect blend of performance and reliability. I consider myself as somewhat of a "tightly-wound" individual and was a little worried about the final outcome but when my car arrived and I experienced first-hand the workmanship and operational characteristics of the car.....all my worries were put to rest immediately.

On a side note, I was able to fly down to Omaha to meet with Mark, Bill and Aaron of Woodhouse for a day. These guys are total class acts.:2tu: They are not only very knowledgeable in the Viper industry but also very good people and very easy to get along with. I would recommend them to anyone that is in the market for purchasing or upgrading a Viper.

Again, when I get another free moment I will post pics of the completed install. Thanks for reading.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sounds cool...congrats!!!

As you have described above...you cannot beat the VALUE in dealing with a true ''Center of Excellence'' !!!

Sure hope you can make it Saturday!

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds great!

I see you're from Pikeville - Ever hear of McCoy Motorsports? I sent my '91 GMC Syclone down there a few years back for a build-up. Jerry and his crew set me up with a 650+hp 10 second truck - on street tires!:2tu: I miss that thing sometimes....

OP
OP
H

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds great!

I see you're from Pikeville - Ever hear of McCoy Motorsports? I sent my '91 GMC Syclone down there a few years back for a build-up. Jerry and his crew set me up with a 650+hp 10 second truck - on street tires!:2tu: I miss that thing sometimes....

Yes indeed! The McCoy's are all good friends of mine. I grew up with Mike (Jerry's son). Those guys really know what they are doing with Sy/Ty's that's for sure. Good people to boot!:2tu:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like another satisfied customer from woodhouse. When you get a chance I would like to see your dyno graph. What kind of dyno was it run on? Also are you still running the stock run flats or are you running other tires? You will be having traction issues for sure with the run flats.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your killing us here????????:D:D
Forward the photos to my email and I can post them for you? I want to see this bad boy! You going to the meet this weekend?

:needpics:

Reaction score
Sounds like another satisfied customer from woodhouse. When you get a chance I would like to see your dyno graph. What kind of dyno was it run on? Also are you still running the stock run flats or are you running other tires? You will be having traction issues for sure with the run flats.

We use a Mustang Dyno so the RWHP numbers are a little lower, and Alan had the new KUMHO XS tires on his car. Thanks for the kind words Alan you were also a very class act yourself also thanks for dinner! :headbang:

OP
OP
H

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your killing us here????????:D:D
Forward the photos to my email and I can post them for you? I want to see this bad boy! You going to the meet this weekend?

:needpics:

Will do Shandon....I'll email them to you these evening when I get home. Thanks for the assistance...for some reason I just cannot get them to post!!! Yes, I plan on being at the meeting Saturday...weather permitted of course.

pea_jay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan glad to hear you got the car back. You need to make a trip to logan and show that z06 whats up lol. Cant wait to see the pics bud

Gary Weeks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to let everybody know that my car is back from Woodhouse. I had them install a Paxton, Woodhouse motor and trans. mounts and a column mount boost gauge. The install and fit and finish are excellent as I suspected they would be (I'll upload pics when I get a chance). The car pulls much harder above 4k rpm (even more fun when you are driving in the cool night air....as is true with most all forced induction cars.:2tu:) but drives like a stocker until you mash the pedal. The car dynoed 594 rwhp and 525 rwtq on their Mustang Dyno with A/F ratios no higher than 12.2 and no lower than 11.1. I drove the car today for approximately 4 hours in 80 degree weather and it performed flawlessly. I had the A/C blasting (and nearly froze too death I might add) with no idle surging or bucking whatsoever. Even in stop-and-go driving situations the temperature never reached above 190 degrees! No gasoline smell in the cabin, no black smoke from the exhaust, for me it's the perfect blend of performance and reliability. I consider myself as somewhat of a "tightly-wound" individual and was a little worried about the final outcome but when my car arrived and I experienced first-hand the workmanship and operational characteristics of the car.....all my worries were put to rest immediately.

On a side note, I was able to fly down to Omaha to meet with Mark, Bill and Aaron of Woodhouse for a day. These guys are total class acts.:2tu: They are not only very knowledgeable in the Viper industry but also very good people and very easy to get along with. I would recommend them to anyone that is in the market for purchasing or upgrading a Viper.

Again, when I get another free moment I will post pics of the completed install. Thanks for reading.

Hey Alan
Glad you got your car back I told you Mark would take good care of you! I was thinking about adding the A/F ratio gauge to mine What did the boost gauge show at redline?

OP
OP
H

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Alan
Glad you got your car back I told you Mark would take good care of you! I was thinking about adding the A/F ratio gauge to mine What did the boost gauge show at redline?

About 7 psi if I'm not mistaken. How's your car running? I've found that although the car does pull harder than stock in the heat.....the cooler temps of night make this car scream!!!!:headbang: Good to hear from you again Gary.;)

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright here you go with your pics. Looks AWESOME!!!! CONGRATS:headbang::2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got to ride in it and the thing pulls hard up top. Now I just got to figure out how to get a Paxton by the woman LOL.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte