Badlands Coupe Modded and Home in FL

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As some of you know from my post a few weeks ago: http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=606034&page=5&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I picked up my FE Coupe at Woodhouse and proceeded to put 1200 miles on it over the weekend in the Badlands to break it in. I dropped it back at Woodhouse where the following “improvements” were performed by Mark Jorgenson and his guys.

Paxton S/C 623 RWHP, 564 RWT (Mustang Dyno)
Moton Club Sports
Eibach springs (lowered)
Realignment (more front and rear camber)
Shifter springs stiffened
1-4 shift disabled

I flew back up to Woodhouse and drove it home to South Florida mostly on secondary roads. I can tell you that with these mods the car is totally different. I thought stock power and handling were great, but OMG what an improvement.

Lowered with the new springs and Moton Club Sports I no longer look like a 4X4 but more importantly the ride quality is vastly improved. Additionally, and I don’t know if this is due to the new alignment or the Motons/Eibachs, but the car’s tendancy to “hunt” and follow imperfections in the road surface is significantly diminished.

And the Paxton…all I can say is WOW. The car is calm and sedate under 3K rpm (well, at least as calm and sedate as a Viper can be) but from 4-6K watch out…unbelievable acceleration. I love it.

Anyway, here’s a few pics of my car lowered. Also, notice that the rear trunk area looks like it was designed with small recesses exactly sized for the rear Moton reservoirs.

Thank you Bill Pemberton and thank you Mark Jorgenson!

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
F

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now why cant they leave dodge like that......
How come some FEs have blue valve covers and some red????

Yeah, I love those blue valve covers too, but I do not believe the car was delivered that way. I think those valve covers were painted after delivery. I believe all SRT-10 engines are delivered with red valve covers.

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,
Thanks for the pics.....awesome car and garage set-up. Looks like the
front just makes it above the curb stop in your garage. With all that
hp gettie-up be careful. I don't know where you are in Fla but me and
a few others are going to the Bradenton Dragstrip on the 10th of December.
Are you gonna have a chance to go there with that puppy?

Mike

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
beautiful! It's about as low as my gts... SCRAPE CITY! :eek:

Get some aluminum skids installed underside... it'll absorb most of the speedbumps.

OP
OP
F

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys, here’s responses to a few of the questions:

Mike-Tampa:
I live over on the East coast in Palm Beach County so it’s a little far to get over to Bradenton. Moroso is a whole lot closer and I hope to run there at some point.

Firewater:
Yeah, I like the stock wheels so I intend to keep them on the car. I do want to buy another set of rims (SSR?) to mount up some track rubber for track days though.

Madman:
The front canisters for the Motons are mounted vertically in the inside rear of the wheel wells. By steering the wheels full lock one way or the other the canisters can be reached for adjustment without lifting the car.

ILLSMOQ:
The exhaust is stock but I installed the aluminum tips that Zero Altitude Flight sells. They are very easy to install and are manufactured to a very high standard in my opinion. You can find them here- http://www.zero-altitude-flight.com/

Warfang:
Any recommendation on where to get the skids? No scrapes yet, but I am REAL careful.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike-Tampa:
I live over on the East coast in Palm Beach County so it’s a little far to get over to Bradenton. Moroso is a whole lot closer and I hope to run there at some point.

But this event in Bradenton is a Viper race only. You won't get that at Moroso, rarely do this many Vipers get together at the dragstrip.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike-Tampa:

But this event in Bradenton is a Viper race only. You won't get that at Moroso, rarely do this many Vipers get together at the dragstrip.

After all, you did drive it back from Nebraska......west Florida isn't that far ;)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warfang:
Any recommendation on where to get the skids? No scrapes yet, but I am REAL careful.

I got mine from Ted May, my ViperTech here in California. It's completely bolt-on... takes 5 minutes to install (needs to be jacked up first). When you go over a stupidly too-tall speed bump, go over slow, and when you hear contact, just accelerate and the scaping you hear will be on the skids, not your snake.

Give Ted a call. I don't think anyone else makes them, but it's really just two strips of aluminum with holes drilled out to match the underside of the Viper. It's well worth the money for the piece of mind that you're not doing any harm to your snake.
tel: 408-297-1990

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

Your SRT-C looks absolutely Bad @$$ lowered. Now I wanna run out and get one. Your set up is exactly what I would want. Thanks for sharing!.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant