Bait and Switch at Parts Rack

WildWing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not ass kissing, it's calling it the way I see it. I've also spent a fair bundle with Jon but I'm a bit surprised that you let it get to $4K and then came on here to publicly chastise him. I'm from the school of, if you've got nothing good to say then say nothing at all, unless you've really been shortchanged in which case you are doing a service to the community by chiming in. So if you feel that JonB is such a terrible guy to deal with that you must warn the others, you're entitled to your opinion. Somehow, him not instantly supplying you with part numbers and sharing his advice and opinion with you, doesn't warrant that kind of response to try and hurt his business......

So I'll go back to your so-called ass kissing :moon: and you go find some cheese for your wine

Maybe a valid point but eventually his customer service is going to catch up with him and he can decide what other lines of work he wants to pursue.. Check out the posts about him over the last year. I could care less either way but smearing his name wasn't what I was trying to do. I'm sure there are plenty of JonB supporters but I am sure not one of them moving forward. He may or may not care which is fine.

WildWing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shoot I spent $ 4,000.00 on wine last year and I don't expect Robert Parker to give a darn about me.....give me a break. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I must drink a lot now that I think about it. BTW '82 was a good year for California Cab.

:crazy2:

I was just picking a rough number.. I am not checking Quick Books for an amount but the original poster should be given some level of respect if he is planning on buying something. Again, I could give a **** the way the guy runs his business but I have yet to see a business that isn't based on customer service make it. Being short with people because it is Monday, you don't think they are going to buy, they were shopping, etc. doesn't cut it but that is only my opinion. There is way too much competition out there to be a *****.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm starting to detect that some conclusions can be drawn here. Buy from Parts Rack if you want to, and don't buy from Parts Rack if you don't want to? Great then, its settled...

WildWing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perfect, lets close the thread and see if we can push the mags to test the 08 sooner.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Borla cat back exhaust and as has been posted in other threads...there is a REALLY bad drone at 1500-1750 rpm...and I've done some long trips in the car and it really does weigh on you.
I can hardly wait to order headers, a corsa exhaust and a full set of PS2's from Jon and if I get him on a particular Monday, I'll be sure to bust his balls about his listening to the Boomtown Rats "I don't like Mondays" in the shop.
Regards,
Aaron

Ah-ha--THAT song has been in my head and I had forgotten the band's name, THANK YOU!!! LOVE THAT SONG!!!! ~juli~
(Can we now move on to when is testing gonna be for the '08's?!!!! NO MORE bashing?)

WildWing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah-ha--THAT song has been in my head and I had forgotten the band's name, THANK YOU!!! LOVE THAT SONG!!!! ~juli~
(Can we now move on to when is testing gonna be for the '08's?!!!! NO MORE bashing?)

Definitely!

Again, I never want anyone to lose business based on my opinion which I know doesn't matter :D

On to better things!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Juli... Saw the Van Halen reunion crew on Fox News last night. Scary looking bunch of fellows. But, they say they are in GREAT shape for those hi-kicks. :eater: We'll see...

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:eater: :eater: :eater: :eater: :eater: :eater:
Boy this thread is amusing.

All I can say is with all this talk about not calling on Monday is that Tuesdays are going to be the new Mondays.:D

Love him or hate him, he is still a stand up guy, who has spent countless hours helping out this community. :2tu:

Have fun at the track Jon B cuz there is a phone blitz coming on Monday...I mean Tuesday:D

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eater: :eater: :eater: :eater: :eater: :eater:
Boy this thread is amusing.

All I can say is with all this talk about not calling on Monday is that Tuesdays are going to be the new Mondays.:D

Love him or hate him, he is still a stand up guy, who has spent countless hours helping out this community. :2tu:

Have fun at the track Jon B cuz there is a phone blitz coming on Monday...I mean Tuesday:D

Are you kidding? All this is part of JonB's marketing genius. Every 6 months or so, his in house marketing dept starts a "I HATE JonB" thread. Then everyone comes to his defense which results in more sales. Man that guy is brilliant! :D

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well said! I've been scolded by JB for calling at a bad time, and when I do catch him at a good time, the info is PRICELESS.

What info does he give out thats , so PRICELESS. Obviously the guys in the wrong biz and is a complete **** to most even his return customers from the sound of it. So inlighten me on all of this unbelievable and priceless information that no one else could possibley know:eater:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said! I've been scolded by JB for calling at a bad time, and when I do catch him at a good time, the info is PRICELESS.

What info does he give out thats , so PRICELESS. Obviously the guys in the wrong biz and is a complete dick to most even his return customers from the sound of it. So inlighten me on all of this unbelievable and priceless information that no one else could possibley know:eater:

He's a **** to everyone equally that he feels is wasting his and his other customer's time. I can respect that. He's not kissing up to you just because you spent $money on him. It's a niche business. His clientele are predictable... they own Vipers. It means he can treat fellow Viper owners more as friends and family than business. You are crass and rude to people you're close to at times right? They are to you at times as well and you forgive them right? Way it goes. Think of him as the cranky uncle that still gets you the best xmas presents. :D

Unless you're a Vipertech God, few people know the Viper as well as JonB does. He's been around for a long time, so you have to respect his knowledge. So yes, his knowledge IS priceless. If he was JUST rude to everyone and have nothing good to offer, then yes, he would be out of business, but as you can see... the guy is well liked and respected here.

His work is based on his passion for the Viper. I can only hope someday to do what I love and not care what anyone says about me. :2tu:

Whoaa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmm I wanna hear this Borla exhaust now that I hear how bada$$ it sounds. Can one of you with Borla take a video so we can hear it please?

it sounds nice, but nowhere near as loud as bb headers, no cats, bb exhaust you have...wait thats my setup too hahah.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli... Saw the Van Halen reunion crew on Fox News last night. Scary looking bunch of fellows. But, they say they are in GREAT shape for those hi-kicks. :eater: We'll see...

YEP, I saw that...saw Eddie giving Diamond Dave a peck on the cheek!!! :rolleyes: HOPEfully they are all in good shape~~heaven only knows~~AND Dave's voice is still there:confused: ...love those guys~~BUT it may be
:bdh: what you said about the '''''other''''' postings...flogging a dead horse. We shall see how VanHalen does~~I'm not too optimistic, what about you? Okay, carry on with the JonB show. (I for one have had NO issues with JonB, in fact, I think he's the MOST enthusiastic person EVER I've spoken to about Vipers--he knows his stuff and tries to help by thinking sometimes outside the box, not 'what he can sell you'--another plug for JonB here!!).....juli
Love your posts, Dave!~! A truly GREAT sense of humor that is totally enjoyable!!!! Keep it up!!

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it sounds nice, but nowhere near as loud as bb headers, no cats, bb exhaust you have...wait thats my setup too hahah.
AHAHa good to know. I'm sititing her getting jealous of all this borla talk wondering how it sounds better then OUR B&B set ups lol.

On the Jon B Subject, the guy treats everyone the same, I have only spent maybe 1K with parts rack (so far lol), and he treats me like he treats a guy who spend over 5K and thats the way it should be. I am not kissing anyone's ass nor will I ever, It all comes down to this IF you don't like him and want to sit and cry and whine over something so petty, then DON'T BUY FROM HIM it's as simple as that.
I've had my disagreements with Jon before but that dosen't mean i'm not going to buy parts from him.

Yah everyone should NOT call on Mondays, start calling Tuesdays. So Tuesday will be the new grumpy Mondays, i'll continue to call mondays :)
Did I confuse anyone:dunno: ..good:drive:

ylosnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have belanger headers and catback on my 95. The sound is great! I live in a neighborhood where noise is an issue. Took Jon's advice and it worked out for me.

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do people really think that just because you own a Viper that someones always going to give you great service or kiss your aXX?:rolleyes:

I don't think bashing is necessary because you didn't get great customer service with Jon.:mad:

He's a tell it like it is guy and if your sensitive about someone telling you what works or doesn't work for your Viper then go buy on Ebay at your own risk.:nono:

Regardless of what "MOOD" he's in, he gets your "discounted" parts to you as soon as he gets the order.:D

I'm sure you can get deals here and there and everywhere else but then add up all the differant shipping costs and see where your at then.:confused:

I've never had issues with him and have had my fair share of treats from wheels to adjustable suspension, exhaust systems and interior mods you name it for my Viper waiting at my door step.:drive:

Pretty much anything you need for the Viper he can get with the exception of twin turbo's maybe:dunno:

I'm ready to order up again Jon! So where's my dam Big Brake kit!:rolaugh:

No seriously where is it...just teasin Jon;)

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not had any problems with Jon when ordering..But when I call I always buy...There are so many threads about his ethics maybe there is some truth to it...I have never seen a a negative thread about Alan's Performance...I bought a lot of things from him this year and he really knows his shet too...I spread my purchases with more than one vendor to spread the wealth....AL

rblong

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, he is a fricking grouch on Mondays, but he has always treated me right. He knows his stuff!

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon is great, I ordered some PS-2's last Spring and he actually called me back on a Sunday to make sure I got them before he sold out. He was very helpful and very honest, and did not know me from Adam, just knew that I was a customer and a fellow Viper owner.
I dont believe a word of the bait and switch accusations, not a word.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we still talking about Jon B? Didn't we decide that he is busy on Monday, cool the rest of the week, prefers you buy something occasionally, and knowledgeable about Vipers? Or is this an exhaust post now? :dunno:

nomoreGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is no way to do business period. Jon may know these cars in and out but to have weak customer service because it is monday is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I work for one of the largest auto groups in the country and I would be out of business if I treated people different when I was grumpy. Put up with his bs if you want but I can and will find better prices some where else.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is no way to do business period. Jon may know these cars in and out but to have weak customer service because it is monday is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I work for one of the largest auto groups in the country and I would be out of business if I treated people different when I was grumpy. Put up with his bs if you want but I can and will find better prices some where else.

I don't shop for Viper bargains. I shop for the right parts on an expensive high hp car. I require advise along the way. Do your better prices come with that feature? Or are you your own expert? :dunno:

nomoreGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do sometimes need advice and can find it elsewhere yes. jonB is not the only expert. point was why overpay for the same part?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do sometimes need advice and can find it elsewhere yes. jonB is not the only expert. point was why overpay for the same part?

I agree that JB is not the only source for info. Cause look where we are - the Viper information super hiway at this forum. I get a lot of info from this joint. But JB has provided me some competitive pricing, and I often return the favor of a purchase, even though there might be a better deal elsewhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang