Balancing Injectors

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had Tony Armour clean my injectors. The results are sort of interesting. He indicated that they were not too bad. These are 50lb green tops. I looked at his work sheet and the worst spread was about 4% differential between the high and low flowing injectors.

The cleaning brought the differential down. There were two sets of volume tests on the injectors. One set of volume test before cleaning and another set of tests after the cleaning. It looks like one test was a full open. The second set of tests was a medium pulse for a fixed time. That test showed the largest deviation, in other words the lower pulse width showed the largest deviation. That seems to make sense.

If you follow the above sequence of testing and the results, it would seem that the lower the pulse width the more of a deviation you would see on dirty injectors. With all that out of the way, the car had a little stumble in the idle. After the injector cleaning it is gone. My guess is that a dirty injector probably shows up first and most at idle.

In short, it was inexpensive and Tony turned them around quickly.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony is the man for many things from installing a Roe Super charger to cleaning injectors to Converting your car to the new 6060 Gen IV transmission! :2tu:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It's that time of year to get injectors cleaned. Cars have been sitting all winter and not quite good driving weather yet. Anybody can pull these injectors themselves.

Glad yours made an improvement for you Jack !!

Chris23120

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony did a great job when i sent him mine during my used ROE install. He turned them around fast, at a great price, and even numbered them to the individual cylinders based on his expertise with ROE Superchargers.:2tu:

JeremyBlackwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, my $0.02.

My company's usual local injector service shop couldn't do these side feeds, and I didn't want to send them all the way to RC due to time constraints. I've been acquainted to Tony here and there for a good while now, and I read about his injector service here on the forums. He knew that I was trying to make it up to Road Atlanta last weekend, and shipped the finished injectors back out to me the same day he received and cleaned them. He is just up in Dalton (my home town actually,) so I had them back the next business day. We will be using his service in the future!

Thanks again!