Barrett Jackson 2011.....Bidding craziness has started!

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
92 Olds Delta 88, SCRAP title, with a supercharged V6 transplant sold $4950 with fees! There are 3 Vipers listed in this auction at Scottsdale. 92 with 5100 miles perfect, 94 1850 miles perfect, and a 98 GTS-R 1082 miles, #56 of 100. Any guesses on what they will go for? Do you think the prices paid affect the values of our cars on the market?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seems like everyone buying tonight is drinkin,and you know that leads to a loose wallet.:confused:

OP
OP
V

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
86 Iroc-Z, theft recovery from dealer, car was stored and fixed, Under 200 miles.....$30,000!? 76 Camaro base model resto-mod small block $27,000. What's the deal? We have fellow members with Gen 1s that are having a hard time breaking $30K and Gen 2s at $30-40k?

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
92 Olds Delta 88, SCRAP title, with a supercharged V6 transplant sold $4950 with fees! There are 3 Vipers listed in this auction at Scottsdale. 92 with 5100 miles perfect, 94 1850 miles perfect, and a 98 GTS-R 1082 miles, #56 of 100. Any guesses on what they will go for? Do you think the prices paid affect the values of our cars on the market?

There are 3.5 Vipers. They have a 1970 Cuda with a Viper engine, tranny, and rear end.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate here in the UK has his Orange cuda or challenger vert in as well.... Full resto job...

Any info? We don't get to see it over here.....

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
IMO Unless you are going to bid, Thursday is the best day - not too crowded so you actually get to see and slobber on the cars. Saturday and Sunday is zoo time - so many people and other kinds of holes that is hard to see or eat anything.

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMO Unless you are going to bid, Thursday is the best day - not too crowded so you actually get to see and slobber on the cars. Saturday and Sunday is zoo time - so many people and other kinds of holes that is hard to see or eat anything.

Isn't Thursday and Friday typically Chevy days, every freaking car a Cramaro, vette, or a Chevelle. I get so sick of it I turn Barrett Jackson off. I never understood the chevy lovers, if you're going to have a toy car why do you want to have the same thing that 15 other guys are going to have at the cruise in?

Last edited:

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in Phoenix right now, they are holding it here. Do you guys think it is worth going to?

Are you Kidding?????? :omg: Get in your car and go over. It is a really cool place to see lots of cool cars, memoribilia, art, parts etc.

Its a carnival type atmosphere I have attended before and wish my schedule would have allowed me to go this year again.

You won't regret it.....

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live about 3-4 miles fron Barret-Jackson, but my Father and I have been there so mamy times we are going to have lunch then go to Russo and Steele today. The R&S tents look MUCH bigger this year than the ones that blew over last year (thankfully we have GREAT weather this week). If you go to BJ it is a LOT cheaper during the week. IIRC it is $50 admission on the weekend and maybe half that during the week and but for the actual auctions you still get to see the exact same stuff. I'd rather watch the super-expensive auctions on TV anyway.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in Phoenix right now, they are holding it here. Do you guys think it is worth going to?

You should hook up with us Arizona VCA members... a whole bunch of us are hitting the Russo Steele auction on Saturday morning, and the Barrett Jackson auction after that. Look for the caravan...:drive::drive::drive:

2006red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there Monday and met the owner of '94 Viper "as new" with under 2000 miles. She thought the will get bid to $60,000.[goes thursday]...She and her husband also broght a Prowler, with matching trailer, 1000 miles, "as new"...she said bid could go to $75,000 on it. I saw the the 1998 GT-2 car and it is "as new" and delivered new to Dodge dealer in Phoenix. 39,000 people there on Monday and the auction didn't even start till yesterday.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are my guesses:

92 with 5100 miles perfect ($43500)
94 1850 miles perfect ($42000)
98 GTS-R 1082 miles, #56 of 100 ($122000)

Regards,
Aaron

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember, with fees and selling costs sellers might get only 85% of the hammer price, while the buyer will also pay 10% more than the selling price.

Have to transport and insure your cars going and coming, so the auction price is going to be very different than selling on the open market.

The advantage of the auction is that the buyer can select from a huge number of cars for sale in one place, while the seller can get his car in front of a huge number of serious buyers all at the same time.

For car guys, this is the greatest show on earth.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For car guys, this is the Lamest show on earth.
There, fixed it for ya:2tu:

Im a car guy and the "Greatest Show On Earth" to me is on a Road Course:drive:

Watching someone buy/sell a car is pretty lame compared to watching someone race a car. That being said, i do enjoy watching the auctions since its basically a carshow in my living room on a rainy day.:)

OP
OP
V

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate here in the UK has his Orange cuda or challenger vert in as well.... Full resto job...

Any info? We don't get to see it over here.....
On the Barret Jackson website all the cars are listed, what days they are going up and there auction lot number. If the vehicle has gone thru, the price seems to post rather quickly.

OP
OP
V

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are my guesses:

92 with 5100 miles perfect ($43500)
94 1850 miles perfect ($42000)
98 GTS-R 1082 miles, #56 of 100 ($122000)

Regards,
Aaron
I agree the 92 in the low $40's, the 94 is a toss up depends on the crowd mood and if there are any left over buyers from the 92. I'm going to say high $30's but hope it's more. GTS-R $126,500, that car is nice it deserves more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang