Bat's VOI9 makeover (PICS)!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY nice pics, BAT!!!! Yes, powder-coated charcoal would look AWEsome on those wheels, tho the wheels DO look fine as is~~~! GREAT job on the pics...you have the 'eye'!! ~juli

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice the way it is, I would not touch it. Man that car sure is popping. Very nice looking, one of the best looking I have seen and you sure can take pictures. You and Nine Ball sure know how to take nice pictures.

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are going to change them, I'd recommend the brushed/clearcoat finish for that white car. Charcoal might be introducing another contrasting color to the mix, brushed or silver seem more neutral and match better IMHO.

You must be registered for see images

I figure the dark finish will tie in when I get my windows tinted, plus the black headlight housings and large black hood vent screens would help them tie in as well :2tu:

Bat™

Tom2334

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful car.. Love everything about it.

I ordered my 08 hood for my 05 Commemeorative and am waiting for it to be delivered to my body shop. Can't wait to get it on the car now that I see how yours looks.

I am also in the middle of new rims for it. I have my heart set on HRE 540's but I am mixed on if I want to do Chrome or White with Chrome lips.

Tom
05 Commemorative Edition #29

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Bat,

Yes, I agree on the darker wheels. I have a set of track Forgelines with polished lips and black centers that look really good on my VOI 9 coupe when they are on the car. I normally run fully polished wheel (wife likes them better).

Also, I just put a set of Stoptech 2-piece aero rotors with black "hats" on the car and they look really sharp. They take about 30 lbs of rotational mass off of the car as well.

Sweet car.

Dan

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VERY nice pics, BAT!!!! Yes, powder-coated charcoal would look AWEsome on those wheels, tho the wheels DO look fine as is~~~! GREAT job on the pics...you have the 'eye'!! ~juli

someone posted this pic on my other thead:

FGT01.jpg

after seeing that, I had 2nd thoughts of keeping the centers silver :).

Bat™

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone posted this pic on my other thead:

FGT01.jpg

after seeing that, I had 2nd thoughts of keeping the centers silver :).
Bat™

With that car and your darkening other things, I can totally see the ALL-BLACK/Charcoal wheel, even the centers....I LIKE this Ford GT tho, AND those wheels. :D ~juli

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As usual very nice Bat. Only thing I could see improving this look just a little is the Street Serpent body add-ons. the black wheels would look sweet go for it. How bout some hi-res pics man:smirk:

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I would go with a "gunmetal" type color and leave the outer rims polished as you have. I'm going to do this when it's time for new tires with some HRE wheels I've been eyeing. The Ford GT example looks great but it has other black items to tie in with (stripes) and you don't. I think your charcoal idea is good or something slightly lighter which is what I think the gunmetal is. Don't you love all these different opinions that try to pull you in different directions!

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As usual very nice Bat. Only thing I could see improving this look just a little is the Street Serpent body add-ons. the black wheels would look sweet go for it. How bout some hi-res pics man:smirk:

I'm a big fan of Jeff's work. I'm really diggin' the front bumper. However, it sits pretty low.

Bat™

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Personally I would go with a "gunmetal" type color and leave the outer rims polished as you have. I'm going to do this when it's time for new tires with some HRE wheels I've been eyeing. The Ford GT example looks great but it has other black items to tie in with (stripes) and you don't. I think your charcoal idea is good or something slightly lighter which is what I think the gunmetal is. Don't you love all these different opinions that try to pull you in different directions!

wheels will more or less look like this when all is said and done:

You must be registered for see images attach

Bat™

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. I finally found time to have my tires dismounted and wheels dropped of at the powdercoaters. They should be ready later next week. Cant wait!

Bat™

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^ Now that is just sick, in a good way of course. I will trade you wheels man.:D

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte