Battery ?'S

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Battery ?\'S

My alarm is acting up on my 95 (arming itself and honking for no reason, I never ever arm it). Since I am pretty sure that the original battery is still back there I am going to replace it hoping the alarm issue goes away and it is probably way overdue. I searched a lot because I know this is a weekly topic here but could not find an answer. I am thinking about getting an Optima. People keep saying that a new side post only model is on the way. Has this surfaced yet? What about sealed units from Interstate that fit GM products? Looking for part #'s so I can go get one this weekend. Lastly, should I use one of these to retain the computer's memory or is it good to reboot and relearn from time to time, no mods. Thanks, KW

You must be registered for see images

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Battery ?\'S

did you try holding both buttons at the same time for 10 seconds until the horn sounds that resets the alarm

if the car starts and the lights run all well its not the battery

Reaction score

The Optima Redtop's posts are 7-3/4" high. My frame (1994) is 7-1/4".

All of these Vipers are different. I guess it depends on who welded it. Not wanting to modify the car I did some research.

Here's the BEST one I found....and believe me I've looked.

Autozone - Duralast GOLD Model #78-DG ( No Top Posts)
8 year warranty
3 year FREE replacement (I like this part - They can look for this battery every 35 months FOREVER!)

1,000 Cranking Amps 800 Cold Cranking Amps
$69.99
Fits perfectly.

Here's a link:

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=C001&UserAction=performSearch&Parameters=Auto+Store%7C%7EREGULAR+PARTS+LOOK+UP%7C%7EBATTERY

--------------------
Paul

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I sort of go along with Balck Mamba's concept. I just buy a Wal-Mart top of the line battery, it to has a 36 month 100% free replacement too... about every 18 months, I get a new one for free :) Battery tender is a must, but even with it, max I get is 18 months. Before Battery Tender.... the first one lasted only seven months.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I must be doing something wrong. My OEM battery lasted 7 years. The replacement has been going great for 2 years. I always use a tender for periods of more than a month and leave the security system off.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960