battery save feature

carlv12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I have activated in my 2004 Viper SRT10 the battery save option by doing exactly what the manual describes. But after 45 seconds you still can open the driver's door if you want = not good at all if your car is together with more cars where more people have access to the garage. I need the battery sabe mod + a closed car that cannot be opended without remote keyless or keys.

Now I have tried to actívate the battery save mode + I have pressed the lock button on the remote keyless from outside the car and then the red light on the windscreen stops lighting after a while and the car is closed = save mode, NO alarm mode = what I want and the save mode is still activated, because you cannot open the car pressing the unlock button on the remote keyless. The only way to open the door then is first press the drive's door handle and then the unlock button of the remore keyless.

Am I correct with this?

Thank you and best regards from Valencia (Spain)

Carlos

Last edited:

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another member on here (Swexlin) might chime in, he told me how to do it, but I have forgotten. He said it works on his 03 every time.

Turn the car on, turn the car off, turn the car on, turn the car off, turn the car on turn the car off,
put your left foot in then put your right foot in
Take your right foot out , then take your left foot out,
you do the hokey pokey and you turn youreslf around

Like I said, there are a couple steps but you gotta do it right.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Carlos, it is called sleep mode. With the car off, windows up, and key in ignition at "off" postion:

1. Cycle the key TOWARDS you (backwards) and back to off 4 times.
2. Hit the "lock" button on the door up - the car will chirp.
3. Get out, close the door. You're done.

You are correct in that your fob won't work, at leas mine doesn't. You will have to unlock the car by actually inserting the key, and opening the door. Once you cycle the key in the ignition to the "start" setting, the sleep mode is off. I have kept my Sears Diehard Platimum - equipped car in an unheated garage, not on a tender for weeks at a time, and so far (knock wood) she has always started right up. Hope this helps.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

I don't understand your answer. It makes no sense. Is it a joke? Why?

Regards

Carlos

Yes I was kidding, It is multiple steps that I could never get right either. Just like I said Swexlin gave the correct info. It seems like too many steps to do a simple task, so because it is so many times on/off and buttons, I was joking. No offense intended. I have a twisted sense of humor.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Carlos, the hardest part is to avoid overshooting "off" when returning from "Acc". If you go past off, it will negate the effort. It may take a few tries, but it should work. Good luck.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
In my 2005 and 2010 the sleep mode does not lock the car. I can enter by merely lifting the door handle. The alarm is also deactivated in sleep mode. I think the idea is that the sleep mode shuts down many power draining features such as the alarm.

OP
OP
C

carlv12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello again,

thank you guys for the answers, but like I already said, if I make: 1. Cycle the key TOWARDS you (backwards) and back to off 4 times.
2. Hit the "lock" button on the door up - the car will chirp. 3. Get out, close the door.
Then the driver's door will never be locked. Even after 45 seconds not. You can ALWAYS open the door!!!!!
The only solution is to do all like described and after that push the lock button on the FOB, then the driver's door is closed = locked, but the alarm is switched off.

This should NOT happen like I describe, correct?

Thank you

Carlos

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Agree that your procedure sounds correct...BUT, result is wrong. On our 2003, once I go through the procedure AND wait a couple of minutes(just to be sure) the doors are both locked and the key fob will not work.

Once again I will say that it all hinges on accurately stopping your clockwise rotation PRECISELY on "Off" and not a degree past it.

Oddly, our 03 is much harder to activate into this mode than our 08 or 10. There have been times that I had to try 6-8 times.

As always, there may be other problems with your Viper's modules.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 03 does it first time and every time. Door locks as soon as I shut it. As I said, fob is also deactivated, and then I have to use the key to unlock

rdutko

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I cant see this working on a 2004.

If the only way to get into the car after performing this (sleep mode) routine is using the key. Where do you insert the key? There are no door locks!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another member on here (Swexlin) might chime in, he told me how to do it, but I have forgotten. He said it works on his 03 every time.

Turn the car on, turn the car off, turn the car on, turn the car off, turn the car on turn the car off,
put your left foot in then put your right foot in
Take your right foot out , then take your left foot out,
you do the hokey pokey and you turn youreslf around

Like I said, there are a couple steps but you gotta do it right.

thank you for a great laugh:lmao::lmao:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I cant see this working on a 2004.

If the only way to get into the car after performing this (sleep mode) routine is using the key. Where do you insert the key? There are no door locks!

Yes there are. Slide your hand down from the mirror - it's there.

OP
OP
C

carlv12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello again,

I have tested all again and again and my car (2004 model) does NOT lock the door with the battery save mode on. During the save mode the security flash on the windscreen does NOT flash = a sign of alarm mode switched off.

NOW I have tested the following: after the battery save mode that does NOT lock my doors I just have pressed the lock button on the remote, then there will be again a single horn chirp, the security flash will flash around 30 times (16 seconds), then it will flash ONLY 5 times longer and then it will NOT flash any longer = battery alarm again switched off. But the car is locked (=exactly what I need!!!!). And I cannot open the car with the remote. I must first press down the exterior door handle (that alone will NOT unlock the door) and then unlock the car pressing the unlock button of the remote.
Isl this mode also a "save battery mode" or not?

Thank you from Valencia

Carlos

Last edited:

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I never tried to lock the doors with the FOB after activating the sleep mode. If I just activate the sleep mode the doors definitely do not lock automatically. Interesting--Dave

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I never tried to lock the doors with the FOB after activating the sleep mode. If I just activate the sleep mode the doors definitely do not lock automatically. Interesting--Dave

Maybe my Mopar Race ECU may have something to do with it? My door definitely lock auto-magically as soon as a shut them in sleep mode. And the only way to get back in is to physically unlock with the key. Weirdness...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As stated...our STOCK 2003 SRT-10 locks the doors upon entering "sleep mode"...and, the fobs will not unlock the car...MUST use the key in the hidden keyhole.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As stated...our STOCK 2003 SRT-10 locks the doors upon entering "sleep mode"...and, the fobs will not unlock the car...MUST use the key in the hidden keyhole.

Thanks Steve, exactly as my 03 does as well. So maybe some slight programming differences starting in later model years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh