Battery Tender

STL RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to need one for my car soon. Where has everyone bought their's? Any one place have a better deal than another?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine at Wal Mart. Great little charger for Vipers. Ran the pig tale out the side vent. Did not even need to open the hood to plug it in. Think it was $29, but that was a few years ago.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EXACT SAME ONE I HAVE, RUNS OUT THE SIDE VENT, NO NEED TO OPEN HOOD. THINK I
PAID ABOUT $59.95 SO A BUY IT NOW AT $43 IS A STEEL. GOOD LUCK, HOPE THIS HELPS.

TOM

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am high bidder in that auction, but, had not reached the reserve. I bought one at the above mentioned site. Thanks for the tip Stiffler.

Kurt

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why not just get a battery disconnect for the winter? Or pull the battery entirely and store on a plank or cardboard in your basement?

The worse thing that will happen will be losing radio pre-sets and clock, and possibly a hard first start due to loosing the ecu's adaptive memory? (just give it the slightest throttle input if it protests.)

It's a zero dollar solution with no chance of cooking the electrolytes out of the battery at all...

A fully charged battery will stay that way over many many months with no load on it.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look up the Batter Tender Jr. (not regular), and it's a lot smaller and does the same thing for less. I believe I got mine for under $30 shipped on Ebay for my other Viper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4511768788&category=34284

However, I just bought a product that looks similar to the Battery Tender JR at Walmart (only a different brand). It was only $14. Comes with the hardwire leads, terminal clip leads, and a cigarette lighter adapter (so you can charge through the cig port). Works great. Turns off automatically, just like the Battery Tender Jr. I ran my battery down by leaving the headlights on, but after getting the car back home the new battery tender charged it back up no problem.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roadrunner.
Not so easy to pull the battery on Vipers. Must jack up car, remove rear wheel, slide out battery from compartment. Quite a hassle. Battery tender will not cook the battery. It has circuitry that will reduce charge as the battery becomes fully charged. In case of an emergency, the car is able to be driven if necessary, without 1 hour reinstallation of the battery. You can also start up the car as necessary in the winter to circulate fluids.
Battery tenders are really neat gadgets. Perfect for Vipers in hibrination.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery