Battery: Tired or Daid?

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS sat for two weeks and weakened the battery to the point where it could activate the solenoid but not turn the starter motor.

I ran out to Pep Boys for the Deltran Battery Tender plus which serves as a keep-the-battery-charged tool in the winter but also can perform charging-of-low-batteries duties.

Put it one the car at the jump start post, ground first, then positive and let it run for 3 hours. The tender showed red (needs a charge), then flashing green (80% charged) and then went to solid green (done charging). Amps showed 12 (vs 14 -16 normally) and car would not start....but did turn over a tiny bit before going back to the solenoid ticking.

I think the battery is cashed but if I'm wrong, please give me your opinion.

Second question, do those "9 volt battery connected to the cigarette lighter memory saver" things work? I'd rather not retrain my PCM if I don't have to.

Ideas welcome.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drumr: Just curious but did ya just try recharging it overnight or a full day? Sometimes when a battery at my house goes bad we do this and everything is fine.

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Jerry's probably right but I'm gonna leave it on the charger overnight in case Francisco is right.

In the event I replace it, does anyone know if those 9-volt-in-the-lighter things work or will the PCM have to be retrained anyway?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang