Beat a 08 Z06

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In that case doesn't it need to be a new z06 vs an 08 or 09 Viper ?

Exactly! Why are we debating a Gen 2 Stock Viper with the C6 Z06?

I just transitioned from a 2006 Z06 to my RT/10 and the Viper may not be quite as quick but it is a whole lot more fun! :2tu:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I believe that the C6Z06's are a bit overrated. My first run in with one was in my 1968 vette when I was testing out the new rims and tires I bought. I kicked the holy hell out of it by some 6 car lengths but my vette is very fast for a N/A car. The next time, I ran against my friend's Z06 with my stock SRT10. I won again although not by that much. We ran a few times and I won every single time. It was not a driver thing because it was obvious that my Viper was pulling his weezing Z06. He is heavier than I am so maybe the weight difference was negated to some degree.

The GTS Vipers come off the bottom with more authority than the SRT Vipers so it does not surprise me that he beat a Z06. I have not raced a Z06 yet with my GTS but I expect that the GTS will beat one handily with my 3" exhaust, cat delete setup (good for some 40rwhp according to some). I also drove 2 different Z06's and they felt fast but not faster than either of my Vipers. The low end was lacking compared to the GTS and the mid and top was about on par with the SRT. It definitely has better gearing but once out of the hole, the Vipers seem to have a slightly stronger pull. We all know which has more potential and that is not worth arguing.

My next question is, when will we finally purge this forum of this troll??

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree! Good post Tony. I drove a new 09 Z06 a while back and it felt like a slug.:dunno:. I can't wait for one to pick on me as well.:D
Once again unless you can post a 10 second run in your STOCK GEN 2 or Gen 3 its not even a close race(Z06s run 10s bone stock ) .How a part car FEELS has nothing to do with its ET because someone raced their friend and won means nothing (unless their friend ran a 10 second pass in his Vette .My Gen 4 against a Z06 comes down to less than a tenth .The posted records speak for themselves.Any time any of you guys want to race a Stock Z06 AGAINST a stock GEN 2 OR 3 FOR MONEY i will be more than happy to set it up= provide the track the Vette and the driver .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again unless you can post a 10 second run in your STOCK GEN 2 or Gen 3 its not even a close race(Z06s run 10s bone stock ) .How a part car FEELS has nothing to do with its ET because someone raced their friend and won means nothing (unless their friend ran a 10 second pass in his Vette .My Gen 4 against a Z06 comes down to less than a tenth .The posted records speak for themselves.Any time any of you guys want to race a Stock Z06 AGAINST a stock GEN 2 OR 3 FOR MONEY i will be more than happy to set it up= provide the track the Vette and the driver .
Ps i will also provide media coverage to the race now lets see who actually steps up and accepts to finally put this to a rest once and for all.

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1BADGTS...all this work to prove what? Why post here? Why even be bothered by what other people's opinions are. There are always beliefs and counterpoints that are not worth fighting over on some "internet forumz lolz."
"There's no replacement for displacement."
"I can put 10k in my modded civic and it will run circles around ferraris"
"it's just a vette at the end of the day"
etc etc etc

Who cares what someone's opinion was. Is a vette z06 that is lighter and has more horsepower going to beat a stock gen 2 in a race given "equal drivers?" Here is MY personal answer:

I don't care. Cuz there will never be "equal drivers" and it is close enough that it is a driver's race. I used to beat my buddy in an 02 z06 (405hp 3200 pounds) in my 3700 pound 420hp 03 cobra. At the end of the day I enjoy getting in my 2000 viper gts ACR with my loud exhaust and cruising until my heart is content. I could care less how light or how fast another car is because, at the end of the day, the viper gts is my favorite car.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe, I am weary of this bashing you do. 22 of 67 posts in this thread are yours. Every single time the words Corvette and Viper are mentioned in the same sentence you show up and every other post is yours, taking on all comers and defending the proud virtues of .........Corvette.

You profess to be a Viper lover but you don't own a Viper, and you almost singlehandedly destroyed the market for 08 Vipers in your mad dash to dispose of yours, professing once a day that it was really not worth much according to the holy writ of Manheim.
And this last post has clearly shown which way you want to roll. Corvette all the way, but hey, only if you show up with a pro driver to drive, you ain't gonna be behind the wheel.
I hope Tony takes you up on the bet.
The last guy to take Tony up on a bet after a major buildup on both sites wound up being humiliated by having to ride a kids trike around the parking lot after he lost.
Furman is fast, Ranger is fast, Evan is fast, Tony is at least their equal. He was not BSing about the 8 second time.
In future try not to feel you have to be on the attack every time a good driver in a Viper beats a Corvette, that's racing, the combination of car and driver in competition, and as you say the two 08 cars are only a tenth apart anyway.

So let the next guy who posts like this enjoy his kill without commenting please.
We all know your position backwards and forwards, no sense repeating it again.

And so I'm gonna close this as it has no future, congratulations to the thread starter, good kill and I envy you the fun of having that closed course available, get some new tires though, those things can kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.