Beech Bend 1/4mi drag strip: Sept 6

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tennesspeed Day 2008 - Tennesspeed.Net Forums

All cars welcome. A local car forum has rented out Beech Bend on Sept 6th for several hours. 8am-3pm. $40 to run, $10 to watch. I went to one in 2005 and was eventually able to finish a run and drive right back up to the starting line with no wait. It's kinda like test-n-tune, minus the wait. Anyone interested??

OP
OP
C

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My results were about 5 tenths better than I was expecting. My mods are smooth tubes with S&B filters, exhaust, and the "side sill heat reducing mod".

My best run:

60-1.929
1/8-7.858
mph-95.77
1/4-11.977
mph-122.92

I have very few track visits, so it's nice to finally get an 11sec run. I've had 2 11sec cars prior to the

Viper, but my driving skills turned them into 12sec cars. :D

Had a great time at the track, but a miserable time when it came time to leave. My car wouldn't even turn over when the key was turned. I ended up getting a push from several people and popped the clutch in 2nd and it started. Drove about 1.5hrs to the house, turned the car off, and it still will not turn over when trying to start it. THIS DAMN BATTERY ISSUE IS KILLING ME!!! :mad: I've gone through 4 batteries in 3 years. The plus side is that I'm very proficient in changing out a battery on a Gen 2. :D

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was very impressed with Ted's times. Shifting was good also. My times weren't much better. My best was a dissapointing 11.8/122 (ran 11.67/124 last year on newer tires, before S/C). Tires at 23lbs. Too much wheel hop I was having to "pedal" out of. Also "coasting" the last 50 ft because of 3.55 gear. Tires are 2yr old PS's. I'm going with a taller/stickier tire next. I really like the 3.55's on the street, but considering going back (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know) to 3.07. Good thing is, we drove home in 1 piece:2tu:

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll be taking you up on that pretty soon:D. Hope all went well at Mid-Ohio this past weekend. You gonna be around this Sat??? I'll call/e-mail ya.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235