been almost a week, not a single call

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
been almost a week, not a single call on my GTS

or email.

It's the lowest priced one in the country with a clean title, no damage.

<ad deleted>

and still no inquiries.

Any suggestions on what to do with the price?

:dunno:

Last edited:

MarkRx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a fair price. Be patient. If you're in a rush lower the price and expect to take a beating.

+1

This is one of the worst times to sell given the time of year (verge of winter) and economic state.

Hold if you can.

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's really sad is I had it sold at $45K earlier this year and I backed out. I went all summer, drove it maybe 500 miles, waxed it, changed the oil and plugs put on new metal HF cats.

It's never winter in SoCal. But houses are foreclosing left and right.....

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is a tough time to sell...hang in there man. You should spend a couple hundred dollars, replace the fog light and the 02 issue and then list it as "needs nothing". You would be surprised at how many people those little things can turn off. While you are being honest and disclosing everything, it can also turn people off.

Good luck in the sale - looks like a great car!

I bought my 98 GTS a couple of months ago for $ 36k (26k miles)...it is immaculate and needed nothing.

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
this is a tough time to sell...hang in there man. You should spend a couple hundred dollars, replace the fog light and the 02 issue and then list it as "needs nothing". You would be surprised at how many people those little things can turn off. While you are being honest and disclosing everything, it can also turn people off.

Good luck in the sale - looks like a great car!

I bought my 98 GTS a couple of months ago for $ 36k (26k miles)...it is immaculate and needed nothing.

Good points. I think the 02 is fixes since I put the cats back on. I'll shop around for fog lamps.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid $39.900 in the early part of this year for my 2000 GTS

The car also came with the original wheels and tires too.

You must be registered for see images

However your car dose have lower mileage.

Good Luck :)

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car and desirable mods.

crazy low prices now

good luck on the sale, someone will get a good buy

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my 2001 GTS for sale at $43K for almost 3 mos, not a single bite so I am keeping it.

I wanted to get into a track-prepped Viper and stop driving my Z06, maybe next year.

Slowsupratt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Put it to stock and part it out and you'll be able to sell it cheaper and still come out the same. I already told you I would buy some stuff.:D

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The amount of effort and cost for what you want me to do is not worth it. It's not a good ROI.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now not a great time to be selling your car. You are going to have to be patient of give it away.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Catwood, you need to put it in our classifieds here or I have to remove the thread...site rules.

Thanks.

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Catwood, you need to put it in our classifieds here or I have to remove the thread...site rules.

Thanks.

I'm just seeking opinions on how to sell it. If I remove the autotrader link is that OK? I don't expect someone from the VCA to buy it...they already have a Viper.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just seeking opinions on how to sell it. If I remove the autotrader link is that OK? I don't expect someone from the VCA to buy it...they already have a Viper.

Yes, that'll work. Point is, you can't use the forums to get free exposure for a car you're selling. Our classifieds help pay to operate the site, we can't 'give away' our advertising value.

Thanks.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you should just put an ad here...the more exposure the better. It will also hold a fairly good price against other cars here so if someone is directed to this site to look at the car, that would be a plus for you...

Just a thought...good luck man! :2tu:

jc411

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think a ton of vipers have gone up for sale within this past year... flooding the market and lowering prices like crazy

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Advertise it locally like crazy, hopefully reel in a newbie to Viper land.
Everybody here knows the ropes and prices. Only here would 18K seem like alot of miles.
They also know '00 was not the Vipers best year.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
35K for that car Carl is one hell of a deal. I wish I had room for another. Should be a quick sell.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Carl ?! You are NOT a VCA Member? SoCal has such a great, ACTIVE chapter !

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would buy your car in a second if I could sell my 94 Roe/Heads/Cam car!!!!

martyb

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
35K for that car Carl is one hell of a deal. I wish I had room for another. Should be a quick sell.

yeah..that's a "through the weekend deal". I dropped the ad price also but not quite that far.

I'll see what happens by Monday. I think the ebay route is next.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't you guys watched the news. NOBODY is buying anything. Even at prices too good to be true, people are just clamming up and keeping their money. This is why the economy is in such bad shape. People need to spend money to keep the economy going.

This is NOT the time to sell ANYTHING. So unless you are desperate, hang on to whatever you have until things change. Or expect to "literally" give it away.

If any body has a nice low mile Graphite/Silver or Sapphire/Silver with under 5000 miles and a clear title that has never been in an accident they need to give away give me a call. I have 20k cash. :lmao: :dunno: Can't blame me for trying right. :2tu:

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you get what your asking. If your in no rush,enjoy it and keep advertising everywhere you can.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stil have your email addy Carl, I haven't forgotten about your car as I am still in the market. Like I told you before, my wife and I had to take of some personel business. Right now, I am looking at 3 different Vipers and will let you know what I decide. One of them, a 00 SG/SS with 6200 on the clock, is 20 miles away from my house but he wants to much, the other is a 99 GTS in St. Louis and then there is yours. If it happens before the snow comes, great! If not, my loss.

Whitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a hopeful future owner I am actively looking for either a 96 97 b/w GTS. In my own mind I feel like it makes more sense to buy my dream car for between 38-45K rather than buy my second choice a C6Z for 50K or GT-500 for 45K.

Now here is the problem, I can get financed on the later two cars...the Viper not so much. I think most people who would be interested in your car can't afford to just drop the cash right now. Guys like me who would love to have it can't get a bank to see the logic in buying a car that has already fully depreciated and still sustaining a high value over a new car that will not be worth half of what the note on it is inside of 3 years.

I wish you the best of luck man, because honestly if you had a b/w GTS then we would be the perfect pair...you dying to sell your car for a great price and me dying to buy it with no way to finance it.