Belanger Flamethrowers Installed!!

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just had the Belanger full exhaust w/headers minus cats installed. Now I have quiet a firework show outside my windows! Just in time for the 4th of July.:D I removed RT metal substrate cats w/Corsa track exhaust. The metal RTs are much louder than ceramic. I never had any problems with that exhaust and got quiet a few complements on the sound. I was looking for a little deeper more throaty sound...I got exactly what I was hoping for (exhaust sound is very subjective). As for as loudness, idle and cruise is about the same. WOT is about 20% louder. Just deeper across the RPM band. I got no resonance with the Corsa and RTs. Now only very very slight resonance 2700-3000RPM but I'm not in that range often. Its not enough to bother me. I will try to post a sound clip in the next few days. I will have it dynoed in a couple of weeks. Lou wants me to driver the car for 3-500 miles before it goes to the dyno. I also have a DC computer on its way. I will dyno the car before I change computers and will do another run after. I will let everyone know the outcome.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love having NO cats.. The other night it was dark and my buddy and I were in our Viper doing drive bys on eachother and shifting and decelling and watchin the flames shoot out. It was fun. I think I wasted a hlaf tank of gas in about 15 miles of driving. It was first time in awhile id driven at night and forgot how cool it looked when both side view mirrors light up orange form the reflection. haha

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any issues with paint discoloration or burning when instsallaing headers and removing cats?

Thank you
John

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no...with out the cats, the exhaust system runs cooler, in turn the paint on the side sills are not subjected to as much heat(and niether are you). The fire balls don't hurt anything. Mike and I will shoot 3 ft. flames sometimes. They are totally cool.

I once had a guy pull up next to me with a worried look on his face.... :eek: "YOUR CAR WAS ON FIRE!!!" haha!

Last edited:

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every Hard shift the craziest flames come out!! It's so awesome!! MikeR I bought some 1200 degree paint just in case ha

Matrix Whats your set up??

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So when I remove my cats I'll see flames too. I have a bellinger headers, race exhuast (no muffler in the side sills.) and soon no cats.

If that's true...sweet. Does it help that I have P&P heads, street cam and 11.6:1cr :D I'm getting close to 600rwhp n/a.

Matrix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every Hard shift the craziest flames come out!! It's so awesome!! MikeR I bought some 1200 degree paint just in case ha

Matrix Whats your set up??

I have a corsa 2,5" track exhaust, no crossovers, secandary cats removed, paxton 7,5psi standard setup, 766hp on flywheel! 170degree thermostat, dlm belt tensioner, dlm intercooler upgrade with a bigger intercooler and a bigger water pump, 4554 spark plugs, msd wires...

OP
OP
B

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think my flames are because I have no cats. I have a friend with the exact same setup but he has cats and no flames for him. I was at a track event last weekend and I was told by several people that I had large flames between shifts and on down shifting.

OKFireChief

Viper Owner
Reaction score
B757 and I went to the "SRT/Mopars at the Track in Memphis. Had a great time ... You all need to go next year. A ton if track time ...

Which brings me to the "Flame Throwers". I followed the B757 when he was flying his 06 Blue FE Coupe around the Memphis track. Every time he would let off the gas or down shift, big yellow flames would shoot two feet out of both side pipes ... :2tu: Awesome! Quite the crowd pleaser as well ... The sound of that Bellenger system is wicked!!! Makes the Z06 sound like a rice burner ....

ViperBTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
B757 and I went to the "SRT/Mopars at the Track in Memphis. Had a great time ... You all need to go next year. A ton if track time ...

Which brings me to the "Flame Throwers". I followed the B757 when he was flying his 06 Blue FE Coupe around the Memphis track. Every time he would let off the gas or down shift, big yellow flames would shoot two feet out of both side pipes ... :2tu: Awesome! Quite the crowd pleaser as well ... The sound of that Bellenger system is wicked!!! Makes the Z06 sound like a rice burner ....

I don't remember you being behind anybody.:D I can confirm the flame throwers on B767. How did the video of your runs turn out?

OP
OP
B

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't remember you being behind anybody.:D I can confirm the flame throwers on B767. How did the video of your runs turn out?

Jon was able to get the telemetry but no video. Tried 3 seperate runs and the camera would shut off under hard acceleration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine