Belanger Headers and R/T Ceramic cats installed

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had Belanger headers and r/t cats(ceramic) installed...my impressions...

I have a Corsa 3" cat back, with the cross over tube.

The idle sound is much better...louder and deeper/raspier...can even notice a slight lumpy cam at idle... :cool:

Decell is awesome...loud snaps/pops... :2tu:

3000 rpms and WOT up to redline...Very Loud and the Performance SOP gain is Impressive... :D

Cruising on highway...much "quieter" than before, and runs MUCH cooler on side sills and inside cockpit...heat shields on Headers.

Better and smoother throttle response!

Upon startup in the garage, I used to see condensate "dripping" out of the 4" chrome tips, Now It SPRAYS out 2 feet! That should tell you something.

Will get sound files and videos soon!

Very Pleased!!! Sorry I didn't do it sooner!

TT or S/C next! :eek:

Dave :usa:

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave

I have the Corsa and cats on the car now and soon I'm going to install headers. What size tube headers did you use and why did you choose the Belangers over all the others out there? Glad to hear you had such good results.

Thanks,
Bo

OP
OP

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bo,

I have the 1 3/4 inch Belanger Headers. After doing a ton of research, I chose the Belangers due to performance gain,(hp and tq) sound, sop,and quality. The Tri-Y design is proven to give the best HP gain and has an internal venturi which actually scavens the exhaust. 3+2 +1 into the collector. The aluminized steel also gives a much better tone than stainless steel when it applies to headers. Stainless gives a more ratty/tinny sound. The Belangers sound great at idle and awesome at wot..like a funny car, but you can enjoy your radio or cd player when cruising on the highway at 65-75 no problem. Quieter than stock on the highway.

My research came from reliable sources and MANY viper owners who have the Belangers. :2tu:

Dave :usa:

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulation Dave! I know what you mean about by "that Decell is awesome" I think so too.