BELANGER HEADERS REMOVE CONES

pedro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just install Greg Good Heads :2tu: and was wondering if i need to remove the cones :confused: from the headers running a Roe supercharger 10 pound pulley????

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to remind, the official name the Belangers use for their protrusion that helps with velocity by taking up space in the collector is "pickle."

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pedro, yes you do since you are running a SC. You need the addition exhaust flow.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how does one go about doing this? Can you post pics as you progress along?

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is 'on the pickle' so to speak with a Roe 5 pounder. Seems to work just fine to me. Over 50,000 miles on the Belangers to date. 2800 miles on the blower. Still doing a little tuning.

Others may know a lot more than I, but I think that pickle was put there for a reason. You might want to give old Lou a call. ....Then there's the sound---nothing else quite like it!

Steve

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe SVS did a comparison on the same engine with Balengers with the pickle and w/o. By taking out the pickle, the car picked up over 40 RWHP. Steve, the pickle was designed to improve airflow on a N/A car. I am sure your car does run fine, but if the pickle is removed, you'll see better performance. :2tu:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember an article about Byron Hines's research into exhaust flow and headers. Even going so far as to study ballistics in his search for optimum exhaust flow. As I recall, his Pro Stock motorcycle had a 'pickle-like' device in the collector.

I had some Belangers and seems like the pickle wasn't really obstructing anything, just filling up the gap where the 5 primary tubes come together at the collector.

- Though my memory has let me down before ..! :p