belanger headers

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im getting ready to order my belanger headers from parts rack, and for the rest of the system I dont know, I guess corsa, but I will also get the highflow cats, but I want to do a muffler delete. Will the muffler delete cause me not to pass emissions? or will going high flow cats cause me to not pass emissions? I would love to just go headers and straight pipe all the way back if it will pass emissions some how. As all of you are aware from my post I am worried about emissions, but on the other hand I want a more agressive sound and of couse more hp and tq. :D thanks tt3150. I have an 06 coupe

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with the headers, RT high flow cats, and corsa. This will sound loud and aggresive and will pas emissions.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmm.............seems like I am the only one that is actually installing the complete belanger system. It will be interesting to see how it souds next to the belanger with the corsa exhaust.

Patrick

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the full Belanger system w/ random tech cats, the car is loud and raspy and mean sounding.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have sold about an equal number of "Full Meal Deal" Belanger systems, as we have Belanger+cats+Corsa.

The Belanger FMD without the crossover is quite honestly VERY Loud on the throttle. Light throttle, idle, and cruise is civilised, but it ROARS upon adding 1/3 or more throttle. You could set off every alarm on the parking garage level if you Rev it up as you pass by. Some decel-backfire-popping. The V-10 natural resonance is magnified. Informed customers LIKE THIS SOUND.

Belanger headers with the RT cats (instead of the much cheaper Belanger cats,) and add the CORSA TRACK, and the whole package costs a bit more, but mellows condsiderably until WOT. Not raspy, but throaty. NICE! No significant HP loss at WOT. rarely backfires-but has a nice burble. Less complaints from gentle-eared passengers, nosey neighbors, cops, or hard-of-hearing older fogies like me. Informed customers LIKE THIS SOUND....

Our customers, pre-informed, get what they want....and love the results. We have all the above parts in stock at this writing...ready to ship.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Im getting ready to order my belanger headers from parts rack, and for the rest of the system I dont know, I guess corsa, but I will also get the highflow cats, but I want to do a muffler delete.

Balanger Headers and HF cats and NO MUFFLERS in a sidepipe car will be Race car Loud and probably not even TRACK LEGAL on many trcaks, much less street legal sound levels anywhere !!!!

youngviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
this is a little of topic but i just installed the full belanger system + K&N i was wondering if the sound gets more aggressive after the exhaust has broken in. i driven it about 200 miles and noticed its sounds louder and better now than day one. just wondering how loud it will get. car sounds good but i thought it would sound meaner. i've heard mustangs with much less hp sound more aggressive. anyone have knowledge on this?
i also just installed my K&N myself i was wondering if the filters come lubricated or do i have to buy k+n oil to put on it? if so, how much?

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The K&N's come pre oiled, in fact the worst thing you can do is over oil them. They sell a cleaning, oiling kit but in reality you will probably never use /need it. The recommended cleaning cycle is like 20,000 miles or more.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a full Belanger system on my Gen II (I live about 10 miles from Lou's shop) with a slight twist in that I have stock cat's with the inlet and outlet enlarged to 3 inch. I think the system is stupid, ******** loud, and although I admit I do not like loud exhausts so I am pretty sensitive, all my car-loving friends agree it is a REALLY loud car.

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the full Belanger system and love it. But - simply keep your stock cats and exhaust. If you have to be emission tested only every other year oreven a longer interval - swap them out for emissions. A bit of work, but the best of both worlds...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960