belt and Supercharger ?

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi guys can someone tell me how i can tight the belt to make sure im not having any belt belt slippage when boosting ? never done that sorry :(

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think just enough until it stops slipping. If the boost drops at high rpm you need to go tighter.

-Lou

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi MBN,
If you're changing to the smaller blower pulley, you need to change the idler near the alternator to the larger one. You'll use the same belt. The instructions are in the pack of information that was behind the passenger seat when we shipped the car.
As Mike said, there is no adjustment necessary as the factory tensioner is still in place.
Regards,
Sean

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an issue with the belt slipping with the 8 lbs pulley. I just went to a smaller belt (about 1/2"), and it worked out perfectly. The tensioner has enough travel to accept a smaller belt.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The mustang guys with the twin screw supercharger system go with a larger diameter idler/tensioner pulley to give more belt wrap around the supercharger pulley. it gives them almost 95% belt wrap. I know they have a 100mm pulley that would fit.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mustang guys with the twin screw supercharger system go with a larger diameter idler/tensioner pulley to give more belt wrap around the supercharger pulley. it gives them almost 95% belt wrap. I know they have a 100mm pulley that would fit.

This doesn't apply to the Roe setup. I would guess the contact on the Roe is somewhere in the 90% range.

OP
OP
M

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys that was really informative :)

Sean , I thought I can still use the same idler pulley when going from the 8.5psi to 10psi pulley ? I think I saw a pulley in the box but I ignored it thinking that I only need to swap the 8.5psi pulley with the 10psi ! anyway luckily I couldn’t unscrew the pulley put screwdrivers in the holes to make sure it wont turn but it didn’t my friend was trying to hold the screwdrivers hopping he will stop the pulley from spinning but with no luck. I guess we using the wrong technique.

so sean what the idler pulley diameter ? so i make sure its the righ one to go with the 10psi pulley. thanks in advance

PS. i didnt get "how to change pulley manual" :(

OP
OP
M

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bolts ? how you managed to hold them and keep the pulley from spinning ? also to unscrew you turn from right -to - left ?

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bolts ? how you managed to hold them and keep the pulley from spinning ? also to unscrew you turn from right -to - left ?

I stuck the two bolts in the holes on the pulley. Then I put a big screw driver between the two bolts so the pulley wouldn't move when I loosened it. If I remember correctly, the pulley is right hand thread, 60ft-lb? It takes a good snap to come loose.

On another car, I also held the pulley with a spare belt that I tightened up by twisting it.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Also leave the belt on until you break the bolt loose. Do you know what to torque the bolt back to ?