Best deal on Motons or JRZ suspension components

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to put better shocks/suspension on my car for the track. What is commonly believed to be the best for an 06 Coupe? where do I get it? and how much should I expect to pay? :2tu:

Thanks,

Flash

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Flash,

I believe the majority on this board will tell you that the Moton adjustable suspension would be the better application, with a price of around 4K. That is the next thing on my list, besides new tires. Still waiting for the PS2 announcement.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my next mod as well. I have heard that the Penske set up is good also and was used on McCann car in the SPEED World Challenge. There is a guy out in Long Island NY from SRP Engineering who sells them and was directly involved with setting up the Penski McCann Viper. This is the company website. Just spoke with him about them today.

Anyone have any feedback on these?

http://www.stimolaengineering.com/

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the moton club sports installed in January. Worth every dollar paid. I got mine from Woodhouse for little over 3900. What makes it nice is being able to adjust height, rebound & compression. Mine is lowered pretty good and still get a great ride.

I cant say enough good things about the Motons.

Here is a pic of my coupe with the motons installed.

100_5052_edited-1.jpg

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hiss,

What part of KY are you located? I would like to get an idea first hand on what to expect from my Moton installation, as your car is identical to what I am looking for. Yours look to be the perfect height.

I am located in Western Ky, and if you weren't too far away I would love to see your beast in person at your convenience.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Campbellsville. Be glad to show you however right now I am Viperless it is at DLM in Florida for a Paxton SC install. Probably be back by end end of month.

Ill send you a pm

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the moton club sports installed in January. Worth every dollar paid. I got mine from Woodhouse for little over 3900. What makes it nice is being able to adjust height, rebound & compression. Mine is lowered pretty good and still get a great ride.

Here is a pic of my coupe with the motons installed.

100_5052_edited-1.jpg

Hiss, that car just looks fantastic. The stance is pure evil. I'm a Gen 2 guy, but man maybe it's time to upgrade! BTW, any problems with driveways, speed bumps etc being that low?

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live in Campbellsville. Be glad to show you however right now I am Viperless it is at DLM in Florida for a Paxton SC install. Probably be back by end end of month.

Ill send you a pm

Hiss, you're going to really dig that Paxton - Doug does great work. Evil looking Gen3 and soon to be crazy speed. :2tu:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks like Woodhouse is the place to go for the Motons. I paid the same price from parts rack(he said the price was gonna go up soon) but I didn't get helper springs, mounting brakets or spanner wrenches. You gotta have the helper springs. I always have to make sure the springs are lined up properly every time I lower the car after lifting it. :rolleyes:

In stock form the SRT gets nasty wheel hop and has a soft feel to it. I added the Motons, polyurathane mounts from Woodhouse and changed the wheels and tires. My car is extremly tight and the wheel hop is almost nonexistant...plus it looks better lowered. I'd recomend 500lb front 800-850lb rear spring rates.

CIMG2824.JPG

motonrear.JPG

10140mini-CIMG0068.JPG

10140mini-CIMG0067.JPG

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FlashGordon-You do have to watch it or you can scrape especially the rear diffusers. Speed bumps are a no no. No tire rubbing at all on fender wells. I am little over 2 1/2" from ground on front jack points. If you use your Viper for ever day driver I would not recommend going this low. I may have Doug bring it up 1/2" in front and back.

Flash1034 I hope you dont mind but since we are on suspension I need to add this info--The gap is ok now but My Viper sets a little lower to the ground because I use the 18 & 19" Pirelli tires and the rear ,355/25/19, is about 1/2" lower tire than stock. So the Viper with these tires sets closer to the ground and also I had more gap between tire and fender to take care of. So Flash with the stock tire size or a tire like the new PS2 you may be OK to lower like mine-for your Viper will set a little higher from the ground.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What settings did you come up with for the street driving? Is there a good medium between drivability and performance?

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive been using these settings for the street

Rebound front & rear-#5
Compression front & rear-#4

Reaction score
The Moton Suspension will make the most dramatic change in the Viper that is possible next to the addition of a supercharger or turbo setup. I always recommend the Motons with the superchargers we install because of the better weight transfer and less wheel hopping issues. I would rather see someone really enjoy the ride that the Motons provide with the better looks than jump to the S/C and deal with the harsh darty stock setup at the speeds you get with the S/C.

Mark Jorgensen

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nader--I dont think the ride is harsh at those settings. Ride is very good.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Flash,

If you're coming to our Saleen Tour, I'll have Cathy drive our new coupe. I just put Moton Club Sports on it and it does make a big difference. The ride is very controlled.

My settings for our very hard, bumpy so Cal freeways is 2 compression/ 4 rebound front, 3/4 rear. Springs are 500 front / 800 rear with helper springs and 200 lbs of nitrogen in the cannisters. I mounted my cannisters in the same spots as the photos above.

Woodhouse or Parts Rack should have the best prices in on the Motons.

Dan :headbang: