Gen 2 Suspension Bushing interchange

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this subject has come up repeatedly over almost three decades, I thought I would provide some verified user data for all to benefit from. The only ones I have yet to verify are the rear upper wishbones.

When replacing rubber bushings on a Viper, it is CRITICAL to follow the Service Manual procedure for preloading the suspension and torquing various shock and wishbone bolts. It makes a HUGE difference in the handling of the car! Don't worry too much about nailing the frame heights, as long as you have the ballast placed properly.

Attachments

• Viper Gen 2 Wishbone Bushings.JPG
    Viper Gen 2 Wishbone Bushings.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 26

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sounds scary! (Like I could mess it up!):eyecrazy:

OP
OP
GTS Dean

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Helps control rebound. I've tried it both ways back-to-back and the SOTP difference was not insignificant.

Looks like our cars are extremely similar except for your heads & cam and larger rotors/calipers. I've done a good bit since I listed my mods years ago.

Last edited:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Helps control rebound. I've tried it both ways back-to-back and the SOTP difference was not insignificant.

Looks like our cars are extremely similar except for your heads & cam and larger rotors/calipers. I've done a good bit since I listed my mods years ago.
I did the heads and cam myself, (with a Cloyes Hex-a-Just timing kit) and Dan Cragin did the headers and tune. Oh, and I put all new hubs on when I did the StopTechs. Mods are addicting! At 22 years and 70+ thousand miles, I'm looking at restoring the seats, doing some paint correction..How long have we been doing this? Seems like ages!