Best excuses for missing front plate,please!

OP
OP
T

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are ZIPPY,with the viper and stealth,courts later this month,thanks for the plate bracket idea.If u see my 99 blk/blk for sale,you'll know how it went.Maybe i'll call Tony Saprano!

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a Diablo that had an exact color duplicate of the license plate on a sticker that was on the lower airdam and curved. It was very visable and probable allowed the Fuzz to sleep at night.

B

Bob Weidenfeller

While in a parking lot, a cop walked by and commented on the car and that it had no front plate. I responded "these cars don't need front plates as no one is ever in front of them".

He smiled and walked on by ...

(ok, so maybe this won't help in your current situation)

Bob

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the laws in your state. Here in Washington, the laws allows "exceptions" under special conditions, and the Viper does fit in the guidelines for an exception. The problem is: the law does not say how the exception is to be granted, just that it must be done by the State Patrol. Every trooper who has told me about my missing front plate refuses to sign off on an exception, and lets me go.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I have had this happen several times. Keep the second plate handy in the car. When you see your "friend" behind you. Drop it on the dash. Once pulled over, use the "I'm waiting on the bracket I ordered from the dealer "story"!! However, I will tell you I've used it and it has worked like a charm, however I was pulled over one night by 2 highway guys, one was the same police officer who had pulled me over about a year before. He said, "Oh, don't tell me, you're still waiting on that bracket you ordered, right?" I just smiled, and said, yes. Pulled away with us both grinning. Have a wonderful day!
Laura
You must be registered for see images

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the way back from TWS I got stopped by a couple of Burleson county (way out in Bubba-land) sheriff's deputies. They walked around the car loooooking and then one finally spoke up and said "Well the OFFICIAL reason we stopped you was for no front plate ... (long pause and a grin) ... but the REAL reason we stopped you was so we could take a look at this awesome car!" They were very polite and asked me if it was ok and did I mind being delayed in this fashion. DUHHHH ... me -> "Hell no officers take a look under the hood, hop inside, etc." We stood there and chatted for about 1/2 hr ... they just loved the car. We shook hands and as we parted company they asked me to spread it around that the Burleson Co sheriff's guys were 'viper-friendly'.

What a cool bunch of cops!

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't had a front plate for 9 years. I've only had 1 ticket for it and I've had plenty of cops that had to walk from the front to the back of the car to get the plate number. Most don't even ask about it.

My best excuse: "Sorry officer, I took the plate off to take some pictures last weekend and forgot to put it back. I'll take care of it as soon as I get home.". I can't say that it is very convincing, but it has worked well.

As with most things the proper attitude is key...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"That Darn PartsRack...I've had a bracket ordered for over 3 months now...the order form is right here somewhere....."

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The local law enforcement would not leave me alone last year on this. I tried the “pop-it-on-the-dash” trick but they just ticketed me for obstruction of view. I might try hanging it someway in the back window. Facing forward of course.

Jason

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric Schieve:
... they just loved the car. We shook hands and as we parted company they asked me to spread it around that the Burleson Co sheriff's guys were 'viper-friendly'.

What a cool bunch of cops!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Burleson cops should give training to the cops in **** Georgia.

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Burleson cops should give training to the cops in **** Georgia.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm ... Georgia. Maybe that's the problem. Do they just pump a few warning shots through your chest then tell you to squeal like a pig?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My story:

1) The factory makes a bracket, but won't install it prior to shipping.

2) The dealer is supposed to install the factory-shipped bracket, but EVERYBODY at the dealership said "
*I* ain't drilling holes in THAT car!"

3) I got a drill and tried to drill the holes myself, but I couldn't let myself defile such a beautiful car with such an ugly appendage.

4) How many Vipers do you see in an average month?

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to Ace hardware and bought 4 small suction cups. Twisted them into the 4 bolt holes in my license plate and stuck in on the inside, center of the windshield about 2 inches from the bottom. Works good and haven't be stopped since.