Best Rotors

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/610532-anyone-use-these-rotors.html

scroll down to the dba discussion...the fronts are 2 piece and the rear 1 piece....the stoptechs look way better and are on the acr....partsrack can get u either i believe .....

Also the dba rotors(22 & 26lbs) offer little weight savings compared to stock weight (25lbs)while the stoptechs are 17lbs..

Maybe someone can explain how aussie rotors got a rep for being the best rotors...probably started on the vette board

Last edited:
Reaction score
We have installed many of the Eurotech and Stoptech rotors and never have had a complaint. They both look great and save a lot of un-sprung weight.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because they are essentially the same equipment as the ACR I went with the Stoptech two-piece aerorotors front and rear, Stoptech stainless brake lines and the Motul RBF 600 brake fluid (factory fill on the Viper competition coupe). I can't say whether they are the best but I know that Stoptech has been around for a while and enjoys a good reputation in the industry:

Initial_delivery_home_w_o_clearbra_2_10_08_035.JPG

Initial_delivery_home_w_o_clearbra_2_10_08_010.JPG

Stoptech_Slotted_Aerorotors_02.JPG

/Rich

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Because they are essentially the same equipment as the ACR I went with the Stoptech two-piece aerorotors front and rear, Stoptech stainless brake lines and the Motul RBF 600 brake fluid (factory fill on the Viper competition coupe). I can't say whether they are the best but I know that Stoptech has been around for a while and enjoys a good reputation in the industry:

Initial_delivery_home_w_o_clearbra_2_10_08_035.JPG

Initial_delivery_home_w_o_clearbra_2_10_08_010.JPG

Stoptech_Slotted_Aerorotors_02.JPG

/Rich

Can you take off the sticker yet:lmao:

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just recently read a review about drilled rotors. A specialty performance supplier also confirmed this.......

" Drilled rotors are cracking. The drilling process degrades the integrity and structure of the rotor". They do not recommend purchasing drilled rotors but only slotted.

Has anyone heard of this?

Patrick

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just recently read a review about drilled rotors. A specialty performance supplier also confirmed this.......

" Drilled rotors are cracking. The drilling process degrades the integrity and structure of the rotor". They do not recommend purchasing drilled rotors but only slotted.

Has anyone heard of this?

Patrick

Stoptech told me essentially the same. If you do a fair number of driving schools, slotted is better. If you are just doing "spirited" driving on the street, then drilled is fine.

/Rich

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed my set of Euroteck rotors yesterday. According to my scale, it came out to a savings of 36 lbs total compared to stock. Those stock rotors are pretty ugly when you get them off the car and really look at them.

I went with EBC red stuff brake pads, hopefully they aren't as dusty as the stock ones were.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed my set of Euroteck rotors yesterday. According to my scale, it came out to a savings of 36 lbs total compared to stock. Those stock rotors are pretty ugly when you get them off the car and really look at them.

I went with EBC red stuff brake pads, hopefully they aren't as dusty as the stock ones were.

NICE! they look so nice and clean with the white wheels! Do you have any pictures of the car a bit futher away to see the whole thing with the wheels? I know what you mean about those stock rotors, off the car they are just plain nasty!

Thanks again.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone used the EBC 3GD slotted and dimpled (not drilled) rotors?

I used them on my Volvo C70 with great results.

Any use them here on the Viper?

Thanks in advance.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nineball: have to agreed the Eurotecks look nice as a backdrop against the white wheels ......I went with the Eurotecks over the stoptecks mainly because of the quality of the finish.

OKFireChief

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the EuroTechs on my 06 coupe as well. They do look better that the others. I've attended a couple of Viper Days and some local events. I use EBC Yellow pads and the combo stops well ... No problems.

I just wish they made a set for my Gen II car ... Good luck to all!!! Jon :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery