Big Block chevy conversion

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it has been done before.... Do a search for Tony Darwin and the Sir Hiss car. He has exactly what you are talking about in his Blue and White GTS.

Thanks,
Mark H.

OP
OP
M

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG Mark I thought you died
smile.gif

Good to see you.

Are you going to make it to VOI? It would be great to see you in the drag race event the day before.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea, the BBC is an excellent motor to make big power with. But unless you do all the work yourself I would think it's going to be more expensive than the V-10. Why not just go with a hemi? you can buy a 500+ CI hemi direct from Mopar, very reasonable prices too.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
'93 black RT/10
'96 blue/white GTS
'01 yellow RT/10
Cobra replica with F.I. 540 Chevy
2002 Mercedes CL600 sitting on 21's
1995 Ferrari F355 Spyder
2002 Escalade sitting on 23's
2002 Chevy HD CrewCab supercharged 496
1999 Dodge Ram V10 5-speed
1965 Buick Riviera
1989 Jaguar XJS convertible
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I like his taste in cars, other than the obvious Vipers of course.

Mike

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
put it in a chevette not a viper, or why not sell the viper and build a cobra replica with the chev in there. Please not in the Snake, if you must go V-8 go hemi.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
AZ - I'll give you $512.37 (sorry, all I have since Lawboy won't give me a loan) for the 93. Please don't make another hybrid drag car out of a perfectly streetable car. Maybe AviP will trade you off for his wrecked GTS he seems to be eager to get back on the road quick.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, a LS1 or the 427 LS1 would be real interesting since the complete engine weighs

<FONT size="6">350 lbs</FONT s>

So what would the result be? ...something like 400 lbs off the front end?

Oh Baby!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelP:
Oh dear Chuck, better get another Viper here is yet another guy with 3 Vipers,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm working on it.

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill Mitchell (********* Racing Products, Inc) has a BBC crate motor (632 cubic inches) that makes 925 hp and 750 tq, using a single 1150 cfm Holley Dominator carb, for a measly $17,000
supergrin.gif

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck,
Drop in a Mopar big block 440 crate motor from Mopar Performance, there are some mountain motors that MP makes in their catalog, that run over 550 c.i. and make over 600 or so horse power for fairly reasonable prices, and that's with one four bbl carb, if I remember right.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maxwedge:
To make a 900hp Engine work in that car is going to require ALOT more than a motor mount change..like a whole new Frame(4 links and all). You are going to butcher that car to make a 900hp Anything work. The Stock CHassis couldnt take 400hp much less than a 900hp motor.
The 1993 car is the first year of the first gen. With Regards to history, what your doing is MUCH like putting a non chevy engine into a first year corvett. For all the first years flaws(both on the Vett and Viper).
I like Chevies...I dont like them in Mopars and even less in SIGNIFICANT mopars.
If you went to a chevy board and asked them if anyone had a BB Mopar motor swap kit for a significant Vett(because the original engine blew up)..you would get ALOT more flak there, than you are getting here...
That car(the 93) is a significant piece of automotive history. The Vipers are going to be known as the best thing Chrysler ever built. DaimlerChrysler isnt Chrysler any longer and if Toyota buys them out..there wont be any Chrysler in 10-15 years anyway. At least not in any form that we would recognize. The 93 may just be another car to you but it is Chryslers Crowning achievment.
Chevies are great but not in a Mopar
Damion

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't 92 the first year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajya