Big Brake Dave's car Killer deal

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome aboard.:2tu:
I'm sure you will enjoy.:drive:
Are you going to drive it home?

Once you get it home you will be able to join Yellow Fever group.:cool:

It crossed my mind, but it would be difficult to co-ordinate the time with my job with all we have going on at the moment...not to mention I've done the cross country thing about six times in the past two years and I'm booooooored of I-10....so shipping it is! Anyone recommend a good courier?

OP
OP
S

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to get to the track together Carl. Like Ron Wasserman, as I grow older, I've improved a bit......and Dave helped!

Dan

I've run against both of you, and adjusting for mods/slicks I'll put my money on Carl, not Frosty the Slowman.

Why don't you settle this in Karts, since Carl just sold his latest Viper?

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I did quite a bit of work on this car, It was in perfect shape. We did a valve job and new lifters on the car a while back, just because Dave wanted it perfect. The engine looked like new when we took it apart.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Angels moving autos, GREAT customer service.!!

Angels Moving Autos - Home

Went with these guys...not too bad of a price either considering all the quotes from others I've been receiving through hauling depot. They definitely like to keep their customers updated about every detail of the move, and I LOVE that! Should be in its new home Wednesday. The wife bought me a viper banner to put in the garage. :D

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've run against both of you, and adjusting for mods/slicks I'll put my money on Carl, not Frosty the Slowman.

Why don't you settle this in Karts, since Carl just sold his latest Viper?

Let's see, last time we ran together, David, which was over a year ago, I ran faster than you did at Viper Days - and in a brand new car, first time on the track with it on old tires.

In fact, I can't remember when you ever ran faster than me since I first met you, even though you've spend many $$$$$ on professional coaching, car mods and car set up. So, I guess you're the "slow man".

And for the "frosty" part, aren't you the one from Canada? No frost in So Cal.

So, I guess you've named yourself - David -"Frosty the Slowman" is YOU!

By the way, feel free to come out and run with us. Our track schedule is posted in our local magazine and on our website.

We'll see who the real "Slow Man" is.....or should I call you Crash?

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kinda envisioned shoot out at OK Corral... or High Noon

But we can go with Gauntlet...

:eater::eater::eater:

OP
OP
S

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see, last time we ran together, David, which was over a year ago, I ran faster than you did at Viper Days - and in a brand new car, first time on the track with it on old tires.

In fact, I can't remember when you ever ran faster than me since I first met you, even though you've spend many $$$$$ on professional coaching, car mods and car set up. So, I guess you're the "slow man".

And for the "frosty" part, aren't you the one from Canada? No frost in So Cal.

So, I guess you've named yourself - David -"Frosty the Slowman" is YOU!

By the way, feel free to come out and run with us. Our track schedule is posted in our local magazine and on our website.

We'll see who the real "Slow Man" is.....or should I call you Crash?

OOOO! Smack!

Last time we ran in the same session I was in a bone stock 08 on street tires. You were in a 08 ACR with slicks, headers and a tune. In that session I passed you, took off and was 2.5 seconds faster than you. Buttonwillow viper Days. After I went home, you got your time down to 1/100 of a sec faster than me with about 4 seconds of upgrades on a long track. You were two Viper days group higher in mods. Frosty, you were 5th in the modified ACR class. I was first in my class, Mod, which was stock 08.

Every other Viper days I've been faster on street tires than you on slicks.

You didn't even make the fast group in the club Kart event.

I will be at Viper Days at Voi if you want to compare times. I'll spot you the ACR aero, your shocks, headers, chip etc. :)

If you want to see me run before then, you can join 40,000 people watching me run a GTP car at Monterey Historics. Last year I beat half the Porsche 962s and some of the pros with me driving a car older and supposedly slower than them. Catch it on speed channel.

Last edited:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shades of Mumford and Adelberg. : >)

Shoot out at the VOI Corral.

Lots of SoCal guys staying over on Sunday to watch the ViperDays event.

Free toner cartridge to the winner. (inside joke).

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
OOOO! Smack!

Last time we ran in the same session I was in a bone stock 08 on street tires. Right.

You were in a 08 ACR (the ACR is an 09. This was my first time in this car at that track, coming out of a GTS - which you know) with slicks (started Friday with 16 session old Hoosiers and ran them the entire weekend - they had heat cycled out. I was trying to get seat time and learn the car, not compete with anybody that weekend, unlike you. I started out running 6 seconds slower than you FYI - though I did end up faster than you!), headers and a tune.

In that session I passed you, took off and was 2.5 seconds faster than you. (You did seem to run better in some sessions that others, but with two of you in the car almost all of the time, it made me wonder who was driving?).

Buttonwillow viper Days. After I went home, you got your time down to 1/100 of a sec faster than me with about 4 seconds of upgrades on a long track. Faster than you as stated - this must kill you, Slowerman, after all of your bragging.

You were two Viper days group higher in mods. Frosty, you were 5th in the modified ACR class. I was first in my class, Mod, which was stock 08.

Every other Viper days I've been faster on street tires than you on slicks. Funny, I seem to remember it differently. I've only run slicks that last couple of years and yet managed to run faster than you since we met.

You didn't even make the fast group in the club Kart event. This really keeps me up nights. As I recall, both of my sons qualified and finished higher than you in the Karts that day, so I guess you had a bad day too.

I will be at Viper Days at Voi if you want to compare times. I'll spot you the ACR aero, your shocks, headers, chip etc. :)

If you want to see me run before then, you can join 40,000 people watching me run a GTP car at Monterey Historics. Last year I beat half the Porsche 962s and some of the pros with me driving a car older and supposedly slower than them. Catch it on speed channel.
Did you need to buy a new helmet this year or have a "Gurney bubble" installed on your race car????

David,

You're a good smack talker with a convenient memory and a size 10 helmet:D .

See red above.

Be safe at Monterey as I'll look forward to passing you regularly at Miller.

Will you have Terry with you or will you learn this track on your own?

Will you have new tires each day at Miller?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I Hear Dothan AL Has The Fastest Pizza Delivery In The South......

NY-Ritchie's in a GT-2 Viper?

Last edited:

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I Hear Dothan AL Has The Fastest Pizza Delivery In The South......

NY-Ritchie's in a GT-2 Viper?

I tell you that man single handedly is responsible for me gaining weight over the past few months. When someone cooks food that delicious then the consumer can not be held responsible as restraint is not an option.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Well in three days time I've managed to run through almost two tanks of fuel in the car....and I couldn't be happier. This thing is amazing.

Last edited:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be sure to take some photos while you're out... You need a pic in your avatar!

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
I look forward to you trying to back this noise up at Viper Days at VOI.

Unfortunately, there won't be a Challenge Series at VOI. Was really looking forward to driving Miller for the first time.

I'll see you at the finals at Spring Mountain.

Dan

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there won't be a Challenge Series at VOI. Was really looking forward to driving Miller for the first time.

I'll see you at the finals at Spring Mountain. Dan

Are you NOT driving at VOI-11 ? They are promising a lot more track time than the past ..... and there is the "Day Before" day ?

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Are you NOT driving at VOI-11 ? They are promising a lot more track time than the past ..... and there is the "Day Before" day ?

Looking into driving the day before now.....likely drive the 3 sessions in the afternoon on Thursday. Never been to Miller so won't have much time to learn the track and certainly wont' set any records (maybe slowest ACR?).

As you know, there's "track time" and there's "VOI track time" with an "instructor" in the car doing lead / follow, etc.

While VOI track time can be fun for most, if you regularly track your car, these two types of "track time" are not the same.

I'll drive VOI with the "in car instructor" at least once to see how it's handled and may or may not proceed. The last VOI track day was pretty mild and very controlled; though I'll have my car this time and didn't last time.

See you at the track,

Dan

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll be Willow tomorrow for a shake down run either any of you keyboard warriors want to show.

I'm going to run a :29 even if I have to lie about it

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Good luck Carl.

Keep the shiney side up!

Dan

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score