Big Brake Dave's car reincarnated???

OP
OP
C

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not so much the repainting that saddens me, it's that this car just sold maybe a year ago (?) for $25,000. I see that the new owner put some money into it....but a $15k price increase worth? Better be TT and throwing down 1000HP for that kinda coin...

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a shame. I almost hate to say it but it looked much better in yellow.

Saved for future evidence! :)

On a side note if he repainted another color Viper to that blue I would really like it. I do like the color a lot and I am pretty sure those photos are not doing it justice.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks nice, but what a shame to change the color of that car. I was hoping it went to someone who was leaving it close to how Dave had it.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that is nice blue but the car was Yellow, what a sham!

I plan on going Monterey Blue with my red viper, maybe it will speed it up a little? haha

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't have enough conversations with Dave where I could call him anything more than an aquaintance. He just sat down next to me at the track one day, out of the blue, and started talking with me like I was an old friend. Just a really great guy. I don't define him in my mind by his car; but, by his attitude, so, I have no problem with the modification of his car. Others in the SoCal club might make the emotional connection between Dave & his car more; but, I think that we make a little too much out of a "toy" sometimes. Just my take on life and the stuff we play with.

Sounds like the buyer had the amount of money into the car that he's asking for it. I doubt that he will get that; but, I wish him luck.

Last edited:

v10nut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is very sad! I wish his family would have kept the car. I guess it wouldn't bother me as much if the job done was a big improvement. Those yellow calipers look terrible. No attention to detail, shows that the person who bought the car did not really care. Dave was a great guy and an irreplaceable part of the Viper and track community. Wish the guy that bought his car loved it like dave did. Maybe someone can resurrect it.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to see Dave's viper repainted. In hindsight maybe the VCA or Dodge should have purchased it and preserved it in a museum?

You must be registered for see images attach

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the paint job is not proper, in the last picture you can see they painted over the black rivets in the door jam and that means the black rivets in the wheel well are painted also...thats a bid no no!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to see Dave's viper repainted. In hindsight maybe the VCA or Dodge should have purchased it and preserved it in a museum?

You must be registered for see images attach

I never got a chance to meet Dave(before I got my car), but it seems like he was an icon in the Viper world. Have always heard nothing but good things about him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte