BIG brakes, Viper friends and a ROADCOURSE=OH yehhh

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BIG brakes, Viper friends and a ROADCOURSE=OH yehhh (pics)

Finally got my stoptech's put on, got a killer deal from JonB (thanks!) and convinced my track rat friend to do the install (thanks cash84/Jeff) and Steve for assisting and letting us use his shop. Sorry if the pics aren't the greatest, used my cell phone on some of them:)

DSCN2008.JPG

I think Jeff's smiling trying to figure a way to take my calipers and rotors:lmao:
DSCN2007.JPG

6 piston fronts with 2 piece rotors, ss lines,and Hawk race pads
DSCN2005.JPG

4 piston rears
DSCN2006.JPG

now to meet up with Viper friends at Mid OH and try them out:headbang: pic with my 'new' VR1 track wheels (18's all around), could NOT believe the difference, I eliminated a LOT of rotating mass weight between rotors and wheels!

mid_oh_april_2010_064.jpg

wheels have a wider stance than the stocks, but I like it
mid_oh_april_2010_066.jpg

I did open lapping on Friday then the guys started showing up later that day.

Konza800's (Allen) black coupe
mid_oh_april_2010_063.jpg

Cash84 (Jeff's) yellow coupe
mid_oh_april_2010_070.jpg

...and a Dodge to tow a dodge of course
mid_oh_april_2010_071.jpg

Shandon's silver Viper
mid_oh_april_2010_069.jpg

Always pick a student with a better Viper than yours haha, here's a shot under Allen's hood
mid_oh_april_2010_075.jpg

once I saw all that I said, 'oh yehhhhh we are gonna have some fun' haha!
mid_oh_april_2010_076.jpg

we were running with the porsche club at Mid OH, so of course we had to get a few hot laps in the new boxster spider
mid_oh_april_2010_068.jpg

my favorite pic of Shandon's Viper on the track!
shandon_on_the_track_at_mid_oh.jpg

THINK Jeff didn't like me taking his pic
mid_oh_april_2010_067.jpg

Jeff getting his Viper BACK on the trailer Sunday, amazing agility huh?
mid_oh_april_2010_073.jpg

All of us minus Allen
three_vipers_at_mid_oh.jpg

Last edited:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, that looks like a lot of fun, I just can't seem to understand what do you have to do in the trunk to get the car back on the trailer?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are perrrrrty Rotors! I can attest they work very well too...as I recall my eyes stretching out of socket as you braked at the end of the straight:D Love the pics and what a great weekend even with the cold.:2tu:

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol, that looks like a lot of fun, I just can't seem to understand what do you have to do in the trunk to get the car back on the trailer?

I can't close the windows from the door but I'm skinny enough that I can roll up the windows then pull out my key lol :D

JHill9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. How long did it take to get them installed? I am thinking about doing the brake upgrade to my 96 GTS.

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. How long did it take to get them installed? I am thinking about doing the brake upgrade to my 96 GTS.

it took the 2 guys about 4 hrs. that was calipers, pads, ss lines, brake bleed and the e brake took awhile.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome! :D Even a front brake ducting hose I see!

So, what are your impressions of them on the track? Any better than stock? ;)

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wheres your pic?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

V

Venomiss

I will be with the PCA at Mid OH that weekend. I will let you know when I am there to see if you are around!

Pictures of....? oh BEEF! yeh it's right up there, it's called 20 PISTONS of beef!:D

We asked Jeff if we could use his picture on the beef......

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have four 2008 SRT-10 Calipers that I want to put on my Gen 2. If I get OEM replacement 14" rotors from Baer Brakes plus all the all the other stuff from Dave's Big Brakes, will it be a direct swap? I just want to make sure I can buy aftermarket rotors that are the same year as my calipers for my Gen 2. Thanks!

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have four 2008 SRT-10 Calipers that I want to put on my Gen 2. If I get OEM replacement 14" rotors from Baer Brakes plus all the all the other stuff from Dave's Big Brakes, will it be a direct swap? I just want to make sure I can buy aftermarket rotors that are the same year as my calipers for my Gen 2. Thanks!

not sure, I DO know my GenII felt more 'balanced' during braking when I had larger GenIII brakes up front and stock in back. 80% of the braking in the GenII is done up front, so if it were me I would put the newer Gen calipers up front and put your stock front calipers in the back (like the Dave's BB kit is) and you would need the E brake relocator. JonB at PartsRack.com - Home can help you with that.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks I've considered that moving them to the back, but I'm just sure if it would look good since my have already been powdercoated red and they have the Gen 2 font for Viper. I think it might clash with the Gen 3 red and font?

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks I've considered that moving them to the back, but I'm just sure if it would look good since my have already been powdercoated red and they have the Gen 2 font for Viper. I think it might clash with the Gen 3 red and font?

powdercoating is a simple fix, important part is having the right brake balance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper