Big "Thank You" to Chuck Tator

JeremyBlackwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big \"Thank You\" to Chuck Tator

just wanted to give yet another public 'THANK YOU' to Chuck Tator from Tator Dodge in New York.
the power steering when at a dead stop on my 12k mile '96 GTS felt very heavy, so i called Chuck (don't call him Mr. :) lol) to ask him how much a new power steering pump would be. he said that 90% of the time when he sees this problem it is due to the fact that the hydraulic fluid breaks down and is allowed to compress due to being so old/in a very hot environment (viper engine bay.) he advised me to change the fluid first, then see what happens.
i used a siphon to get all the old fluid out of the reservoir, cranked the car, turned the wheel lock to lock about 3 times, shut off, siponed, crunk, turned, shut off, siphoned, and refilled with fresh fluid, crunk, turned, topped off fluid, and VOILA! fixed!
thank you very much Chuck, i'll be giving you a call tomorrow about a new oil level sensor.
if you guys need OEM parts, call chuck at 914-763-3136. tell him you are from the VCA board and you get a big discount plus FREE shipping! can't beat his knowledge, prices, or service....top notch!

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Big

Chuck is the MAN! Also dont call him sir either. Always a pleasure to do business with him even when it dosent result in a sale for him he is always helpful!

Baddasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck is really a GREAT Guy. He always tries to help you even if you don't buy anything from him...I try to send as many people his way as possible....

Wish he was in VA

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I owe a "Thank You" to Chuck for faxing me some service manual pages a while back. I feel bad that I didn't make that comment here.

So Chuck...a hearty "Thanks" for helping me out a few weeks back.

Best regards, George

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc