billit cold air intake box

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone that has purchased our intake system or will be in the future,we have just about completed our cold air intake box that will encase both cone filters introducing nothing but outside air to your motor,it will be available in brushed or polished,will post pictures as soon as complete,this is looking to be a great looking/working piece.We will have two different units one for OEM manifold and one for the Roe S.C......Scott

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not famiiar with this product. Do you pics of a prototype. Sounds really nice.

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry
nono.gif
they are currently under assembly,and until we put the final touches on them i do not want them viewed until they are flawless,but i assure you that they will be nice as it is also going on mine

holdontight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott let us have the damage. I am sure it will be a beautiful piece keep me posted and pics as soon as possible

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermed 97,01,

Wayne asked a great question. What is the price going to be?
Will it have "viper tax" on it?
Or will it be a normal priced performance part.
I recall a guy who sold airboxes for $1200
eek.gif

Bad things happend to him in life.
nono.gif

what comes around goes around.

cant wait for more info on it!!!
best wishes
JIM
smile.gif

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone that knows me, knows that i am on the other end of the Viper Tax,The complete air induction sytem with box is going to be priced at $595 and anyone that has our current system will get them at cost.
usa-clear-s.gif

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they would fit btrs but you would have to eliminate their tubes as they are not long enough,the only thing you would retain is their filters, couplings and IAC filter

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermed 97,01

SWEET! Finally someone without a viper tax!!!!
angel.gif

i have a stock airbox with chrome smooth tubes from Jason.
Can wait to see pics to see i can make it work for me.

thanks

JIM

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys, had the privelage of seeing a prototype mocked up at Scott's shop. Looks to be the best system out there. The box seems to cut off all air except whats coming in thru the hood duct. Will really be awesome with Scott's filters too, being they have a filtered endcap, not like the K/N's...real ram air. Also, of all the services/products I've gotten from Elite...prices have all been the most fair!! Just my 2 cents as a satified customer.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw someone use the phrase "ramair" and wondered if this is possible with the NACA duct as the inlet. If I understand it correctly, the NACA duct was designed as an inlet that produces little or no drag. That said, it would seem to me that very little, if any ram effect would be present with no drag at the "scoop", or in this case, the inlet. Aerodynamics should cause most of the air to flow over..with engine suction being the only way to draw air in,.

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, can you post a number where u can be reached......I have been trying to get a hold of you. I will be in Tampa this weekend and wanted to stop by to see you and your place. Please call me at (407) 493-9361. Thanks. Or you can leave your # here.

Thanks

Bindy

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott,
Sounds like a great product at a reasonable price. I'd be interested in one to work with the Roe S/C. Hopefully we can see pics soon. It's nice to see a break on the ViperTax also.

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that you Gen 1 guys are tired of hearing it and i would love to tell you that it will but
frown.gif
sorry unless your hood has been upgraded with a NACA duct it will not work...Scott

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like this product may have potential, so lets hear the most important information! Horsepower improvement???

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we are hoping for about 150 to 160 RWHP .
laugh.gif
,boy wouldnt that be great for 600 bucks,I am not going to try to make any unrealistic claims,I do know the system we use now does allow more air in than the factory box with K&Ns,The importance of the box is to introduce nothing but ambient air temps.well also as snake bitten so elegantly puts it, it will be a great "poser" mod
smile.gif

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermed 97,01,
just keep making poser mods!
supergrin.gif

also, how does your new product handle the rain.
Not that i ever want to drive my car in the rain, but I have
been caught in a downpour twice.

I know cutting out the rain baffle in the stock box is a popular
mod...till it pours!

thanks
JIM

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimandela:
also, how does your new product handle the rain.
Not that i ever want to drive my car in the rain, but I have
been caught in a downpour twice.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXTREME posers wouldn't even consider driving their baby if there is even a 10% chance of rain, within a five state area...shame on you...the horror!!!

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipermed 97,01:
we are hoping for about 150 to 160 RWHP .....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds incredibly optimistic. Please substantiate.

FRANK RT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACR Joe:
Sounds incredibly optimistic. Please substantiate.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ACR JOE, I think (Scott forgive me if I am wrong) 150-160 rwhp gain was said as a joke not a claim. I am no expert but this mod will sure look great and should have added perfomance over regular setup.
grazy.gif

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also curious about Matt from PA post about the naca duct.
About the HP gain has the car been dyno'd? Even 15-16hp seems like a big number?!?!

Fast Eddie

Surly 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermed,

Please correspond pics and ordering info to me as soon as it becomes available. Coincidentally, I am shopping for a new airbox and came across your post.

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a follow-up to Matt's question on the ram air effect, I think there was a thread here a year or so ago that stated that there was virtually no ram air effect benefit below 100 mph (?). I could be wrong on the speed, but the point being no real gains at normal (or at least legal) highway speeds. However, the exclusion of heated air would probably have some effect, and then of course theres the appearence factor.

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ,I did not say that there was no power gains,i said that this box in itself may not have much as far as gains other than the fact it is introducing cooler air into a system that flows better than most,but to say that the box it self is going to create gains,if i were building it just for appearences i would leave what i have now,I am just improving on a system,I have done no dynotesting on this as it is not complete.So i am not going to claim gains that i have not seen.I do promise this that with this product unlike a lot of Viper products you will get what if not more than you paid for

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Intake systems are one of the hardest to pin actual HP numbers on since the numbers may be affected by the actual speed of the car through the air. I wouldn't think you could dyno any better than just by pulling the tubes off the TBs. That would seem to give a baseline to shoot for when comparing a filter system i.e. it shouldn't loss much more HP than an uncorked intake.

In any case, at least Vipermed is being upfront about it. I say.... if it looks like it ought to perform at least as well as the other systems out there, provides rain protection, is competitively priced, and has serious Poser point value, what's to knock?

As a side note, the fact that Mumford blocks his NACA duct off completely ought to tell us something. I've wondered if it would make sense to pipe some additional cool air from the grill area to the filter box rather than just relying on the NACA duct alone. Anyone know where he is pulling his air from? I doubt he is just pulling in underhood air using cone filters.

--- Ken