Black Cal-Chrome?

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you think Black Chrome would look good on my Viper? :dunno: I visited the Cal-chrome website, but it is hard to tell what it would look like from the pics they have and I am not a photoshop expert.
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say "no". Black Chrome would look okay on a dark color car, though I am not a big fan of dark wheels anyway. White color car is bascially white, silver, polished or standard chrome rims, but that is just me. I love your car just the way it is.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, I think you should leave "as is" or do regular chrome. VOI 9 cars look so good just the way they are. Something that would look good with black chrome would be an ACR with the black out package. That would be interesting to see.

OP
OP
V

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would say "no". Black Chrome would look okay on a dark color car, though I am not a big fan of dark wheels anyway. White color car is bascially white, silver, polished or standard chrome rims, but that is just me. I love your car just the way it is.
Thanks for the comment! :2tu:
I only ask b/c in the right sunlight, you can see the fine swirl mark scratches in the factory clear coat on the rims. I guess I'll probably notice the same in polished chrome after awhile. :dunno:

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say go for it... I think the lighter the color, the more contrast the black chrome wheels will have, the better the look. I have been on the fence about black chroming my H wheels with the SSG. Cal-chrome is cheap enough that you could black chrome them and if the look isn't what you want, just have them chromed or they can bring them back to polised. I really think the white would look great though. Pint out that color pic and shade the wheels in with pencil to get an idea of the look.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
According to CalChrome, black chrome is just a spray-on substance that's put on top of regular chrome. They tell you that great care is needed with black chrome or else you'll put scratches in the surface. Sounds worse than dealing with clear coat. No thanks for me.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Iforged wheels are at Calchrome right now. I'm getting the Centers done in black chrome and leaving the lip chrome. I was told, by Calchrome, that the black chroming process is the same as regular chrome with the exception of the wheels being dipped into a black tinted chrome tank. I will post pictures in the next month once I get them back.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed...I think the VOI9 cars look awesome the way they are. But, heck, to each their own~! I think black chrome would look good on a DARKER Viper that already HAS some black in it (black Viper, or black stripes)...just my .02...for what it's worth, lol! ENJOY, you've got a beauty!~~~juli

OP
OP
V

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agreed...I think the VOI9 cars look awesome the way they are. But, heck, to each their own~! I think black chrome would look good on a DARKER Viper that already HAS some black in it (black Viper, or black stripes)...just my .02...for what it's worth, lol! ENJOY, you've got a beauty!~~~juli
Thanks Juli! :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte