BLACK PAINT ***** !

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a black "VIPER"..sniff sniff...and it soo hard to keep clean..Wahaaaa, Waaaaaa. My head get sun burnt when I drive my convertible "VIPER" with the top down..Wahaaaaa Waaaaa..haaaa. :bonker:

There is a reason black is harder to take care of. Becuase it looks soooo damn elegant, classy, & mean as sh$t at the same time. Just my .02

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I also have a black SRT-10. If you spend some time learning what to do, how to do it and which products to use, you can have it looking good most of the time.

First tip, most people put those swirl marks into their car's paint while washing and drying it improperly. They use the wrong products and methods.

Check out the Griot's garage web site. This is a good starting point. They offer a very good detailing manual and good products to go with it.

There's nothing like a clean, polished, 1000 hp black Viper, top down, lowered, comp coupe style hood, polished Forgelines, aggressive exhaust note, the wine of the supercharger and sticky tires cruising down PCH.

Almost forgot the pretty blonde sitting next to me!

Once black, never back!

Dan

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok - my black GTS is always dirty. Drop a couple of hints on me for washing and drying. Right now I use Meguire's car wash liquid thinned in water then dry using a microfiber towel and cotton bath towel. I'm waxing the car using an orbital buffer and Meguire's NXT wax. Anything I'm missing or doing wrong? All help appreciated.

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a black 72 Vette, I think washing and polishing was good therapy! Always kept it covered and dusted it off before hitting the road.

The red 98 RT coming next week will be a might easier I do believe. Good thing it's been pampered, no swirls starting out!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
been there! Get yourself a can of Stoniers Speed Bead Wax, you will that me for it. Or use McQuires Final Inspection if you can not find the Stoniers

cbarber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Black is my favorite color and I've had several black cars. But yes they are too labor intensive to keep looking clean. That's why I switched to red. Easy to keep clean, always looks good and much easier on this old guys lower back. They don't call it resale red for nothin'.
CB

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today I used my fingernail lightly to get a bug off and still left micro srcatches after. :bonker: I never drive in rain to keep it clean in first place. Dusting with expensive cloth and detailer is all I do. The less I wash it, the less marks. You are not alone with black Viper OCD.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok - my black GTS is always dirty. Drop a couple of hints on me for washing and drying. Right now I use Meguire's car wash liquid thinned in water then dry using a microfiber towel and cotton bath towel. I'm waxing the car using an orbital buffer and Meguire's NXT wax. Anything I'm missing or doing wrong? All help appreciated.

Get rid of the bath towel, it's all microfiber now.

Go here to learn new stuff!

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/