Blower Switch Question

97fatboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My A/C will only blow out the defrost vents. It doesnt matter where I turn the switch. I assume this has a vacuum actuator somewhere. Any help?

1997 GTS

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like your vaccume line under the hood on the passenger side by the firewall that goes to the intake has a leak. Or a different vacume leak. But yes, it is vacume activated.

JD

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,

Now, how about some of that COOL air conditioned air for your HOT feet?
I did this back in 2003 and cold air to the feet is really a plus; I did it on both sides so my wife has COOL feet also. You will not be disappointed.
Any questions, send me an Email - address below.
ENJOY :2tu: :scool: :D :D

Air Condition Tubes for Your Feet: Do your feet get hot? Install a flexible tube from the air conditioning duct that delivers cold air to the outlet above your knees. I used a piece of flexible plastic vacuum cleaner tubing, which can usually be obtained from a thrift store. Cut a hole the diameter of the tubing (usually 1” to 1.5”) in the back side (side facing the foot pedals) of the air duct, to insert the tubing. Inside the duct, attach a 90 degree elbow to the tubing, such that the inlet to the elbow is facing “up stream” into the air flow. Route the other end of the tube to a position near the fire wall and turn downward toward your feet. Cost, less than $5.00. Cool Feet.

AirConditioningVent01.JPG

AirConditioningVent02.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960